Thread: PHP? What is that? ---> Here is the answer!

Default PHP? What is that? ---> Here is the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by girlygal
    hello Im kind of a new user and was reading the comments.
    can somebody tell me what is php thankz alot
    I have seen ppl asking what PHP stands for (usualy in wrong categories) so here is the answer.

PHP is a server-side scripting language for creating dynamic Web pages. You create pages with PHP and HTML. When a visitor opens the page, the server processes the PHP commands and then sends the results to the visitor's browser, just as with ASP or ColdFusion. Unlike ASP or ColdFusion, however, PHP is Open Source and cross-platform. PHP runs on Windows NT and many Unix versions, and it can be built as an Apache module and as a binary that can run as a CGI. When built as an Apache module, PHP is especially lightweight and speedy. Without any process creation overhead, it can return results quickly, but it doesn't require the tuning of mod_perl to keep your server's memory image small.

In addition to manipulating the content of your pages, PHP can also send HTTP headers. You can set cookies, manage authentication, and redirect users. It offers excellent connectivity to many databases (and ODBC), and integration with various external libraries that let you do everything from generating PDF documents to parsing XML.

PHP goes right into your Web pages, so there's no need for a special development environment or IDE. You start a block of PHP code with <?php and end it with ?>. (You can also configure PHP to use ASP-style <% %> tags or even <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="php"></SCRIPT>.) The PHP engine processes everything between those tags.

PHP's language syntax is similar to C's and Perl's. You don't have to declare variables before you use them, and it's easy to create arrays and hashes (associative arrays). PHP even has some rudimentary object-oriented features, providing a helpful way to organize and encapsulate your code.

thanks for the info. you are posting some usfull topics.. keep up the good work :)

thanks for the tutorial...

Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyForum.Net
    thanks for the info. you are posting some usfull topics.. keep up the good work :)
    Thank you, I am doin my best, trieing to share all my knowledge with you =)

And they wont give me php, I think I ll cry :cry:

(PHP Hypertext Preprocessor) A scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages

A recursive acronym.

There are actually many recursive acronyms, see:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursive_acronym