Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GMail Drive

Default GMail Drive

Download link:

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-15944.html

GMail Drive is a Shell Namespace Extension that creates a virtual filesystem around your Google GMail account, allowing you to use GMail as a storage medium.
    GMail Drive creates a virtual filesystem on top of your Google GMail account and enables you to save and retrieve files stored on your GMail account directly from inside Windows Explorer. GMail Drive literally adds a new drive to your computer under the My Computer folder, where you can create new folders, copy and drag'n'drop files to.

Ever since Google started to offer users a GMail e-mail account, which includes storage space of a 1000 (2000 now) megabytes, you have had plenty of storage space but not a lot to fill it up with. With GMail Drive you can easily copy files to your GMail account and retrieve them again.
    When you create a new file using GMail Drive, it generates an e-mail and posts it to your account. The e-mail appears in your normal Inbox folder, and the file is attached as an e-mail attachment. GMail Drive periodically checks your mail account (using the GMail search function) to see if new files have arrived and to rebuild the directory structures. But basically GMail Drive acts as any other hard-drive installed on your computer.
    You can copy files to and from the GMail Drive folder simply by using drag'n'drop like you're used to with the normal Explorer folders.

Because the GMail files will clutter up your Inbox folder, you may wish to create a filter in GMail to automatically move the files (prefixed with the GMAILFS letters in the subject) to your archived mail folder.

Please note that GMail Drive is still an experimental tool. There's still a number of limitations of the file-system (such as total filename size must be less than 40 characters). Since the tool hooks up with the free GMail Service provided by Google, changes in the GMail system may break the tool's ability to function. I cannot guarantee that files stored in this manner will be accessible in the future.

this sounds very interesting...is there anyone that really tested and can confirm that it is working ok...and is there a possibility for others to access it as well?
    Like a ftp server?

Yeah I tested it, and it woorks good, if you give someone else your gmail login and username he can acces it to, so yeah it is like ftp.

I use it everyday..its one of the main reasons i got gmail :lol:

But I don't know if we can store *.exe files in that Gmail drive.
    Do you test it ?

You can store anything thing you like including exe as long as its not over 10MB. You can split the file into 9MB chunks (use winrar or z-zip) and chuck them on there. If you use it lots(like 4 times a day) your account will be locked for 24 hours(ouch). I store whole game ISOs on my account for when i need them, because they can take a lot of space(i only got 40g) by compressing the ISO and splitting it.

gDrive is more powerful !!! no size limit

A set of PHP files to store files of any size in your gMail account. Other gmail drives are limited by gMail's max 10Mb/attachment.

features
    - upload / download files of any size
    - delete files
    - keep regular emails in the same account
    - compresses uploaded files (decompresses on download)
    - displays space remaining
    - send files to other gMail accounts*
    - forward stored files to other gMail accounts*
    *requires the other accounts to use gDrive

http://www.puremango.co.uk/cm_gdrive_109.php

Uhhhhhh.....how do you work it???? :? lol

OOOOO i see. nvm

Ive tryed to install php before, and it never works....just like it did now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast