View Poll Results: Should the file size limit be more than 2MB?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

1 10.00%
  • Yes

9 90.00%

Thread: WTF

Default WTF

Okay, I think I've figured out why I can't upload some of the files that somehow got deleted: there is a file size limit. You can't upload anything above 2MB. Not 2.1MB, not 2.01MB, not a fraction more. This is bullshit. Administrator, can you please change this? If Mods have the ability to change this also, please do so. It doesn't allow people to basically have any content on their site, other than text. If anyone else also feels this way, post here because the Admin isn't going to do anything if it's only me.

I think you can request for a bigger space and bandwidth when you reach to a certain number of non-spam posts.

It's a free service! If you need a bigger space without waiting, you should consider signing up with a paid web host service.

Just my two cents :)

You can request for more space and bandwidth. I have, however, plenty of space and bandwidth. What I am not sure about is if you can request for a higher file size limit. The file size limit is different than the total space you can have. A small file size limit allows for only text to be placed on your site. Bizhat has provided excellent services, but this new file limit issue has me pretty ticked off. I did request an upgrade a while ago, and so far no answer. I'm not going to go to a paid web host because of something as minor as this, however. Thanks for your two cents, but I'm not going to give you my 99 cents (nice try though).

I've got quite a few music files on my site that are over 2mb. Im pretty sure there isn't a file size limit.

There is a file size limit. It was just recently added. Try another file that's over 2MB again, because I have several that are quite a bit larger than 2MB, but the point is that I can't add any more. And as I said, you can't have it a fraction larger. I've already tried. The wallpapers on my site (it can't really be called a site because it's virtually content-free, but for the lack of other words just go with it) are around a mere .45MB over (I'm not going to check), and I can't add another one (if you check my site and wait the hour it takes for it to load then you'd see four pictures that wont load and four that did).

Okay, it seems that there is not a file size limit, but instead you can simply not upload pictures onto your ftp folder, or at least not of a certain file size. I can't upload pictures that are over 1MB, but I can upload pictures that are under that. This sucks, if this continues I'm probably going to get my own server (and not someone elses server if I'm going to pay for it then it's going to be mine and mine alone) as soon as I can afford one.

i think its stupid, file limits
    cuz if you want to put a flash intro with sound in it, sometimes its larger :(:(
    :?

hm.. that's so strange
    I had just uploaded a 4.5MB file without a problem

That is strange.

Quote Originally Posted by CFE_aAa_FeLoNy
    You can only upload following file extensions to your free hosting a/c.

If you upload files with any other extensions, it will get delated.

*.bmp
    *.css
    *.cfg
    *.db
    *.doc
    *.flv
    *.gif
    *.htm
    *.html
    *.ico
    *.inc
    *.jpg
    *.jpeg
    *.js
    *.log
    *.mpg
    *.mov
    *.mpeg
    *.png
    *.pdf
    *.ra
    *.ram
    *.rar
    *.shtml
    *.swf
    *.tmpl
    *.tar.gz
    *.txt
    *.wma
    *.wmv
    *.xml
    *.zip

MAXIMUM ALLOWED FILE SIZE: 2 MB.

YOU SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST 50% HTML FILES.

If you need any other extensions, post extensions here, we will consider adding these extensions.

NOTE: THIS IS WEB HOSTING. NO FILE STORAGE OR DOWNLOAD SERVICE.
    Did you miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by CFE_aAa_FeLoNy
    You can only upload following file extensions to your free hosting a/c.

If you upload files with any other extensions, it will get delated.

*.bmp
    *.css
    *.cfg
    *.db
    *.doc
    *.flv
    *.gif
    *.htm
    *.html
    *.ico
    *.inc
    *.jpg
    *.jpeg
    *.js
    *.log
    *.mpg
    *.mov
    *.mpeg
    *.png
    *.pdf
    *.ra
    *.ram
    *.rar
    *.shtml
    *.swf
    *.tmpl
    *.tar.gz
    *.txt
    *.wma
    *.wmv
    *.xml
    *.zip

MAXIMUM ALLOWED FILE SIZE: 2 MB.

YOU SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST 50% HTML FILES.

If you need any other extensions, post extensions here, we will consider adding these extensions.

NOTE: THIS IS WEB HOSTING. NO FILE STORAGE OR DOWNLOAD SERVICE.
    So apparently I was wrong about it only being for pictures, but that's the only thing I've had trouble with so far.