Thread: Health Insurance – LIC Health Plus

Default Health Insurance – LIC Health Plus

While a ULIP provides you with an insurance cover along with market related returns, as well as tax benefits under Sec 80 C, a Unit Linked Health Plan provides cover for medical expenses (e.g. hospitalization, etc) along with market related returns, as well as tax benefits under Sec 80 D (If u are not clear on difference b/w Sec 80 C and Sec 80 D let me know, will cover that as well).

This is a unique health plan, and as far as i know, LIC is the only company which has come up with such an innovative health insurance product.
    Some of the key features of this LIC Health Plus policy are:

1) The sum assured for major surgical benefits will be 200 times the Hospital Cash Benefit.

2) The insurer can avail this cover for a maximum of 65 years of age.

3) Existing family members cannot be added at a later stage, however new members (in case of marriage or child birth) can be added at a later stage.

4) Increase or decrease of premiums is also allowed during the term of the policy.

5) Hospital Cash Benefit amount varies from Rs 250 to Rs 2500, depending upon the level of cover.

6) The insured is also eligible for Major Surgical Benefit, and Domiciliary Treatment Benefit.

i like it!