Thread: Jackie Shroff - I have never planned my career

Default Jackie Shroff - I have never planned my career

You must be very happy that Boom is going to Cannes.

Yeah we all are feeling great. Our hard work seems to have paid off. Ayesha has really worked hard on this one. Ayesha has taken the responsibility very well. She is too good at such stuff. There are lots of stars and famous models in the movie like Amitji, Zeenat Aman, Bo Derek and of course me. I took it because it was really different. Kaizad Gustad wanted me to work with him but it never happened and now when he wanted to make Boom, I couldn’t decline.

Tell us something about your other production Sandhya?

Sandhya is a thriller based in a hospital with suspense a good whodunit. I go to kill someone but it turns out someone is there to kill me. It’s been long since we had a good murder mystery. It has good music and story. The audiences will be on the edge of their seats while watching this film. When Shadaab Khan Amjad bhai’s son narrated the story to me I wanted to make the film immediately. And Shadaab has done a good job with the script. Sangeet Sivan is directing the film and it is shaping up really well. Raveena is a talented actress who can easily blend into any role. One doesn’t witness such versatility in actress these days who can handle light as well as serious roles with aplomb. Moreover, I want to work with all my friends. She was a good choice for the film and she liked the subject a lot. Naturally she won’t put her career at stake for friends. So when I narrated the film to her she agreed.

Do you find filmmaking easier now than earlier when you made Grahan and Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai?

Yeah. The basic drill is the same yet experience does make things easier. You are aware of all the potholes and know what to avoid. Grahan and Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hai have been milestones both for Ayesha and me.

How did you manage your career? What was your plan of action?

I never believed in planning my career, right from hero till today. I have enough fan following and love of people around me without scheming and plotting for a position that isn’t permanent at all. [Laughs] it is nicer to be known as a star actor than a star who turns into a ‘has been’ after a few years. I want to create a name and leave behind a legacy of films which my kids will be proud of. I want people to say oh he had a Kaash, a Hero, a Parinda, Mission Kashmir, Yaadien, Devdas..

Films like Baaz and Ek Aur Ek Gyarah did not do justice to you as an actor.

There are times when I do films for friends, like Baaz was for Tinnu Verma who had done lot of stunts for me as a fight master. So when he came to me I couldn’t refuse him. The role was ok I thought and people liked me too. So it was cool. I accepted Ek Aur Ek Gyarah because Subhashji [Ghai] asked me to. After he gave me a break in Hero, made me what I a today, do you think I could let him down? No way. I am proud to be part of his movies in whatever role he gives me.

What are your other projects in hand?

I have Teen Deewarein directed by Nagesh Kukunoor. The film talks about three prisoners and their past and present life told by a journalist played by Juhi Chawla. There is lot of variety coming. Ketan Mehta’s Kathputli, Boom, Sandhya. I also have Shashi Ranjan’s romantic thriller film with Raveena, a new director Raj Bharat’s film with Nethra and Riya Sen and Madhur’s Aan where I am the villain.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

babygupta Guest

Excellent work