Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spam Registration

Default Spam Registration

I am being inundated with spam registration applications to my forum.
    The Captcha visual confirmation doesn't appear to be doing any good in blocking them and I'm receiving about 40 of these applications every day.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can stop this problem?

Same problem here, about 10 spam registrations a day.

So the catcha tool isn't good enough.

There are some admin tools like blocking names and sets of IP addresses but they have had only slight success I feel, and the IP block did temporarily ban two members who are in France, so we need another tool.

One I thought would be useful for my site would be to block any registration that doesn't set English as the language. I think most of the spam regs don't select language so it's always Arabic on their profile.

Another tool would be a Question that has an answer you need to think about, like 'What is the colour of a banana?' Something like that.

We need someone in bizhat admin to post on this thread. Any chance of that?

John

I have the very same problem....daily spammers. It's easy enough to check them out by going to the Stop Forum Spam website and doing a query on their e-mail address and then delete them. But I'm wondering why we (or, at least me) are not able to see our registrant's IP numbers. Is there some add on mod that we need in order to see these IP numbers and, if so, how would I go about getting that mod and adding it to my forum site?

YEOW! Speaking of spammers! I thought this forum weeded these idiots OUT!

These are human assised spaming, so blocking then 100% is not easy. For our forums, we delete posts and ban spamers when we see them.

For s4.bizhat.com forums, we added a new feature, admin get emails new a new user make a post, admin have option to delete all posts and ban the user. If you are on a different domain, we can implement this.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

I see that the spammers are attempting to run riot with this topic. These people really must be seriously mentally ill and in dire need of immediate psychological attention. Thank you so much, Admin, for keeping the garbage cleaned out.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyinthemists View Post
    YEOW! Speaking of spammers! I thought this forum weeded these idiots OUT!
    lol,love the yeow thing...

Quote Originally Posted by asoniko View Post
    lol,love the yeow thing...
    You shudda seen the post I went "YEOW" to! No, on second thought, I'm exceedingly happy that Admin removed it and no one else will ever see it!!! It was truly a giant "YEOW" and a very appalling thing to see!

GEEZ!! Admin is really having his/her work cut out today.....the spammers have been really running wild in here. One even got as many as 20 posts in a row before being stopped. Don't they have anything better to do with their Saturdays? As I said before....these are seriously mentally ill people.
    Last edited by ladyinthemists; 03-12-2011 at 03:57 PM.

I just had a spammer registration on my site who's IP# I had already banned. Still, the spammer was able to attempt to register for my site with that same banned IP#. How could this have happened?

If you banned an IP, user from that IP won't be able to register. Are you getting emails when new user make posts ?
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast