Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spam Registration

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    If you banned an IP, user from that IP won't be able to register. Are you getting emails when new user make posts?
    All new registrations have to be approved by me so no one can make any post/s until I, personally, approve them. When I go in to view their registration information, I check out their e-mail address through a "Stop Spam" forum site. If they show up in there as spammers, the site gives me any IP#'s they may use which I promptly ban. I also ban their e-mail address. If I don't find them in the "Stop Spam" forum but they are using a foreign language not common to my site (Arabic, Albanian, Chinese, Russian, etc.) I ban their e-mail address. Also, in general, whenever they list an ICQ number, they are spammers and get their e-mail address banned. The "Stop Spam" forum is most helpful since I can't see the spammers' IP#'s unless I happen to manage to catch them in the act of trying to log into my forum site.

How well I know, I have to clean out 3-4, or sometimes more, spammers daily. If things go the way they normally do this will eventually drop off to no spamming within a few more months. Meanwhile, I go to the "Stop Spam" forum site and enter the registrants email addresses to get their IP #'s and then block all of the spammers' IP #'s and email addresses and hope that it will weed out as many as possible. You're not alone in this....I just removed at least 14-15 spam posts between your post and mine right here in this thread. Good luck with your own spammer problems.
    Last edited by ladyinthemists; 04-06-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Default Nice site, keep up the good work

It's very exiting to find this forums.bizhat.com website. Thank you for sharing this info. I find it very informational as I have been researching a lot lately on practical matters such as you talk about.

As a result of a lot of obviously very sick individuals who seem to think that this (originally very serious) thread is their playground to post some often exceedingly filthy spam posts (52 spam posts just since last night at 10:00pm eastern daylight time!!) I am closing this thread.
    Last edited by ladyinthemists; 04-08-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12