Thread: Open Source Education

Default Open Source Education

Open Source Education

The Open Source Initiative (OSI) actively promotes open source software by educating developers, decision makers, and users about the advantages of open source software and collaboration techniques. OSI's board members are active in the core open source development communities as well as in government, academic and industry circles. As part of the OSI's mandate on education, board members present about open source technologies, collaboration and community at conferences and seminars across the world. Board members have also conducted workshops for engineering and mathematics teachers on open source techniques and technologies.

OSI's Education Committee focuses on the use and teaching of open source software in the educational context, from high school through graduate and post-graduate levels. The Education Committee is responsible for developing, arranging, and conducting educational conferences, programs, courses of instruction, and online educational seminars covering open source software, licensing, and communities.

The committee chairperson is Alolita Sharma and the members are Dr. Tony Wasserman, Dr. Fabio Kon, Mr. Harshad Gune, Mr. Andrew C. Oliver, and Ms. Nnenna Nwakanma. Additionally, the members of osi-edu-discuss at opensource.org are also members of this committee.

Sections

1. Presentations developed by OSI on Open Source
    2. Seminars, Talks and Workshops at International Conferences by OSI
    3. Open Source Conferences and Education Seminars Organized by OSI Board Members
    4. Other Open Source Education Courses by OSI
    5. OSI's Education Project and Ways to Participate
    6. Other Ongoing Education Projects

Keywords:: Open Source Education,Open Source Initiative,educating developers, decision makers,open sodeveloping, arranging, conducting educational conferences, programs, courses of instruction ,cource software,collaboration techniques, licensing, communities,

Default LINUX literature

Is there a solid literature that explains the work of the Linux OS for total beginners. I am a longtime user of Windows OS and I would like to start use a Linux OS. I hope you can help me in finding the right literature for this.