Thread: Battlefield 3

Default Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3 is a first-person shooter video game, being developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and to be published by Electronic Arts. It is to be released during the fourth quarter of 2011 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It is the twelfth installment in the Battlefield series, a direct sequel to Battlefield 2, released in 2005.

Battlefield 3 uses a new type of character animation technology called ANT. ANT technology is used in EA Sports games such as FIFA, but will now be used to create a more realistic soldier. Player models will appear more real with the ability to transition into cover, and turn their head before their body.

In the March 2011 issue of Game Informer magazine, they describe how an RPG can hit a building and cause ripple splash damage. The updated Frostbite 2 engine can realistically show how a seven story building would collapse during an earthquake in a pile of smoke and debris.

Maps set in Paris, Tehran, Sulaymaniyah and New York have been confirmed.[5] As a whole the game will cover urban streets, metropolitan downtown areas, and open landscapes suited to vehicle combat. The single player campaign takes place in the year 2014.

Keywords: Game, new game reviews, game stills, Battlefield 3 reviews, Battlefield 3 stills, Battlefield 3 video

Last edited by minisoji; 03-18-2011 at 10:11 AM.

I can't wait for this game to come out. I saw the gameplay videos before and they look fantastic and realistic. :)

I lovethis game.