Thread: Flash Designers, question on starting document size

Default Flash Designers, question on starting document size

Hey guys,

Some of you probably remember me posting in this forum before about me being a total flash N00bie. Thanks for those of you that replied giving me tutorial sites to check out. That helped alot. So now I'm getting ready to try to redesign my site and I have another question...
    What document size is the best to use? Does it matter? Does Flash automatically put code in to make the flash page auto-resize to a user's resolution?
    By, force of habit I'm thinking on starting with a 1024X768 document size but I wanted to get the opinion of those that have done this before. Thanks ahead of time!

D

*sigh* I thought this community was supposed to help each other out. I've checked out alot of your guys sites so I know alot of you use flash. If no one wants to offer up some advice, that's your call I guess. Honestly I'm pretty dissapointed with this community so far. Posted a few different questions and no one seems to be interested in responding even though I can see by people's posts that there are plenty of people that know something about this. How about sharing some knowledge huh?

D

I don't believe that Flash MX puts anything in for resizing when it is exported/published. My suggestion is to step down a little in size. As time goes by more and more people are using bigger monitors, with bigger resolutions, but I would go smaller to make more peoples experience better when visiting your site.

You can publish your Flash movie in 2 different sizes, one for 800x600 and another for 1024x768, thus having 2 different html pages.

On your index page, you can put JavaScript code that'll detect the viewer's screen resolution and accordingly redirect to the corresponding resolution page.

However, if your site content is not made entirely in Flash (i.e. not entirely in vector format), then you might have to open your source images again in your image editor software, and resize them accordingly.

You can make them 800x600, 640x480 or smaller... the problem making your site too big is that the loading time could be very high and believe me, that can keep users away from visiting your site.

Try to make your site a size that can be viewed on any resolution without a change, that saves you time and effort.

if you choose 100% when you plublish it will resize for any resorution