Thread: Friendship Quotes

Default Friendship Quotes

“The better part of one's life consists of his friendships.” -- Abraham Lincoln

“Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
    Just walk beside me and be my friend.” -- Albert Camus

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.” -- Albert Schweitzer

“What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.” -- Aristotle

“Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods.” -- Artistotle

“True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils.” -- Baltasar Gracian

“Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.” -- Bible: Ecclesiastes

“True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.” -- Charles Caleb Colton

“Friendship makes prosperity more brilliant, and lightens adversity by dividing and sharing it.” -- Cicero

“A real friend is not one who only entertain you, but one who cares about you, one who will be there when you cry.” -- David

“Friends show their love in times of trouble...” -- Euripides

“One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” -- Euripides

“Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” -- Helen Keller

“A sympathetic friend can be quite as dear as a brother.” -- Homer

“Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.” -- Mark Twain

“Friendship is one mind in two bodies.” -- Mencius.

“I keep my friends as misers do their treasure, because, of all the things granted us by wisdom, none is greater or better than friendship.” -- Pietro Aretino

“The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, not the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when he discovers that someone believes in him and is willing to trust him with his friendship.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness...” -- Richard Bach

“Can miles truly separate us from friends?
    If we want to be with someone we love, aren't we already there?” -- Richard Bach

“A friend is a present you give yourself.” -- Robert Louis Stevenson

“No man is useless while he has a friend.” -- Robert Louis Stevenson

“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” -- Tennessee Williams

“I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“I have lost friends, some by death, others through sheer inability to cross the street.” -- Virginia Woolf

“Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
    Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel;
    But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
    Of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade.” -- William Shakespeare

“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” -- Walter Winchell

“You cannot be friends upon any other terms than upon the terms of equality.” -- Woodrow Wilson

Keywords: friendship,Friendship Quotes, about friendship, friendship poems,love poems

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~Douglas Pagels

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world. ~Leo Buscaglia

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. ~Sicilian Proverb

The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend. ~Aristotle

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad. ~Arnold H. Glasgow

The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you. ~Elbert Hubbard

A good friend is cheaper than therapy. ~Author Unknown

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it. ~Edgar Watson Howe

The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend. ~Henry David Thoreau

A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. ~Arnold Glasow

But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end.
    ~William Shakespeare

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. ~Elisabeth Foley

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. ~William Blake

A friend is the only person you will let into the house when you are Turning Out Drawers. ~Pam Brown

One's friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human. ~George Santayana

A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails. ~Donna Roberts

If I had to sum up Friendship in one word, it would be Comfort. ~Terri Guillemets

If a man does not make new acquaintances as he advances through life, he will soon find himself alone. A man should keep his friendships in constant repair. ~Samuel Johnson

True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable. ~Dave Tyson Gentry

You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out. ~Grace Pulpit

One doesn't know, till one is a bit at odds with the world, how much one's friends who believe in one rather generously, mean to one. ~D.H. Lawrence

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art.... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival. ~C.S. Lewis

Constant use will not wear ragged the fabric of friendship. ~Dorothy Parker

Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends. ~Virginia Woolf

There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship. ~Author Unknown

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had. ~Author Unknown

The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~Henry David Thoreau

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. ~Author Unknown

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~Author Unknown

It's important to our friends to believe that we are unreservedly frank with them, and important to the friendship that we are not. ~Mignon McLaughlin

It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. ~Marlene Dietrich

She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind. ~Toni Morrison, Beloved

Cherish the friend who tells you a harsh truth, wanting ten times more to tell you a loving lie. ~Robert Brault,

Friends can be said to "fall in like" with as profound a thud as romantic partners fall in love. ~Letty Cottin Pogrebin

Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend. ~Plautus

If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give. ~George MacDonald

A real friend is someone who would feel loss if you jumped on a train, or in front of one. ~Author Unknown

Silences make the real conversations between friends. Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts. ~Margaret Lee Runbeck

Love is like the wild-rose briar;
    Friendship is like the holly-tree.
    The holly is dark when the rose briar blooms,
    But which will bloom most constantly?
    ~Emily Brontë

Our most difficult task as a friend is to offer understanding when we don't understand. ~Robert Brault

The friend within the man is that part of him which belongs to you and opens to you a door which never, perhaps, is opened to another. Such a friend is true, and all he says is true; and he loves you even if he hates you in other mansions of his heart. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature. ~Abraham Lincoln

Yes we are [friends] and I do like to pass the day with you in serious and inconsequential chatter. I wouldn't mind washing up beside you, dusting beside you, reading the back half of the paper while you read the front. We are friends and I would miss you, do miss you and think of you very often. I don't want to lose this happy space where I have found someone who is smart and easy and doesn't bother to check her diary when we arrange to meet. ~Jeanette Winterson

It takes a long time to grow an old friend. ~John Leonard

Keywords: friendship,Friendship Quotes, about friendship, friendship poems,love poems