Delhi Daredevils captain Virender Sehwag termed his match-winning 56-ball 119 against Deccan Chargers as “one of the best innings he has ever played in Twenty20s.” “I never got a 100 in T20s. First six overs did not go our way. We were 29 for three in six overs. Since they didn’t have a fifth bowler, I thought if I can target their fourth and fifth bowler, we would be able to achieve this target,” Sehwag said after guiding Delhi to a four-wicket win over Deccan Chargers last night.
“The moment I got 23 runs in Ishan Malhotra’s over, the momentum shifted in our favour. I knew if I could bat 15 or 16 overs, the target should be achievable.”
The skipper feels that they have nothing to lose in their bid to win the remaining matches.
“We don’t have any pressure now as we have to win all five games. We have nothing to lose. Nobody is expecting us to reach semi—finals. If you have nothing to lose and if you play freely and fearlessly, you can achieve the goal. We have to enjoy and have a little bit of luck going our way.”
Sehwag cited the example of Chargers, who won five games in a row to qualify for the semi-finals last year.
“Deccan Chargers last year won five games in a row. So hopefully, this time Delhi Daredevils will emulate them.”
When asked as to why his teammates are not being able to produce quality performance, the Delhi skipper jumped to their defence.
“If you look at the 10 games that we have played, I have performed in only three matches. In that respect, even I have also not been consistent. I have to accept the maximum responsibility as most of the players save myself and Venugopal Rao do not have much experience. To build a good team, it takes time,” Sehwag said.
Sehwag also termed the crowd support in Hyderabad as “fantastic.”

Keywords: “Deccan Chargers,Delhi skipper,Delhi Daredevils ,captain Virender Sehwag,Twenty20s