Thread: Abstinence

Default Abstinence

Umm... lol just thought I'd see what people thought about abstinence. Which is waiting until marriage to have sex. If somebody didn't know, thought I'd explain.

I think the disregard for the sacredness of intimacy is sad. I admire anybody who waits until they are married, and think that it should be standard practice especially with all the diseases that go around now.

I'm glad someone agrees. Since I feel the same way, I mean. lol forgot to type that also.

I fully believe in abstinence, especially as sex is with all creatures intended as a way of reproduction, not pleasure on demand. The fact that we were born with brains is what morally should force us to abstinence... if only it were so...

Sex is a very intimate thing that should only be shared between those eternally bound.

Default Abstanace.......

Well I am not much to talk but I think that waiting is bad. I dont mean that people should just go out and have sex at random or with alot of people but come on do you think that your partner that you do decide to have sex with really wants to have to teach someone (unless by some stroke of luck you actually find someone else that is a virgin). I myself would rather have some one that has at least some experience and knows a little about what they are doing. But that is just my preference I think that each should make there own choice on the matter and not by someone elses opinion.

Default Waiting

I think that it should be up to each person. To me there has been too much pressure placed on people by churches to wait. It should be what you decide and not somethig forced on you. For gays and lesbians there is no marriage, so what are they to do? It is silly! I personally think that when two people commit to each other, they should be able to enjoy expressing their love through sex.

I'm divorced after 14 years of marriage. Haven't been in a relationship in almost 10 years. I've had some close female acquaintances, but nothing intimate.

I believe that sex is a sacred thing. It has become a form of entertainment and selfish gratification. I'm no puritan, I still have a healthy sex drive. But I like to think that as civilized man, I take responsibility for my sexuality.

Modesty, to me, is an important quality. And I do believe that women can be extremely attractive, yet modest.

Default Sex can wait

Sex can wait but for how long. I have been abstinate for ... years and it fustrating because well you all know. I have been faithful to my religious studies and my mother and everyone else who advised me to keep my body a temple. I love females and abstaining is very hard because intamacy is a big apart of your life. And then when get blue, u kinda ask yourself am i making the right choice. At some points in my life i think it is doing more harm than good, but i don't know. I am going to try my best and wait it out til marriage.

Abstinence really is the way to go. If you look at the research that has been done on the issue you will find that people who remained abstinent until marriage tend to have better sex lives and more fulfilling relationships than those who did not abstain from sex. You will also find that people who cohabit (people in a sexual relationship and living together without being married) have sex less often and have less fulfilling sex than married couples who waited until they were married to have sex.

you got it right dude.
    im also into abstinence.
    waiting for the right girl to come.
    and for that marriage.