Fresh with his fourth ‘Man-of-the-Match’ award in the Indian Premier League, Chris Gayle said: “When I walk in to bat I stay relaxed, keep my mind clear and tell myself — yes, I can.”

Gayle’s 12-ball 38 that helped Royal Challengers Bangalore defeat Kolkata Knight Riders, is part of a series of match-winning efforts that have cascaded from his bat ever since he joined RCB.

“To be frank I played my part, scoring these runs in these victories. I am not aware how the situation was earlier but this team has a wonderful environment. This is the first time I have been so consistent and I am happy,” Gayle said while the orange cap stayed firmly on his head.

His batting style may be brutal but Gayle did hint at a method in the madness. “I do prepare for the bowlers like they make their plans for me. For a batsman it is always about one mistake. Today I was up against one of the top fast bowlers — Brett Lee — and I was prepared.

“He bowled a few yorkers and if you hit it well it works else it doesn’t. It is always a 50-50 situation,” Gayle said and he also expressed satisfaction over RCB’s entry into the play-offs.

“We got to continue this all-round team show,” he added.

Meanwhile Gautam Gambhir said that a total of 155 was probable before the weather changed the stakes.

“We looked good to get 150-155 but the weather is not under our control. Against Gayle, we just concentrated on executing our plans. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t.”

Keywords: Gautam Gambhir ,Man-of-the-Match,Indian Premier League, Chris Gayle ,Royal Challengers Bangalore ,Kolkata Knight Riders,wonderful environment,op fast bowlers ,Brett Lee