Thread: Tips on Wearing Gown

Default Tips on Wearing Gown

There are some garments that are timeless classics and gowns fit this category perfectly. Lately gowns have become the most preferred outfits for women at formal functions, awards and premieres. They make a woman feel like a queen with the flowing drapes and cuts. But one wrong choice and you may find yourself on the hitlist of the fashion police. Learn from the mistakes of celebrities.

Here are some very basic rules that one needs to know in terms of cuts, fabrics and colours of gowns. Read on to see what the experts have to say…

Minimalistic all the way
    Gowns need to be simple, well cut with minimum embellishments is what designer Anita Dongre feels. “You need to realise that not everyone can carry off gowns with equal elegance and elan. I believe in keeping the jewellery minimal because it might just kill the garment. Styling is an equally important factor and that includes your hair which is a personal choice and the shoes you wear. You need to wear a minimum of four to five inches of heels to walk gracefully in a gown. Full-length gowns should preferably just touch the floor with your heels on.Women in our country play it safe and usually do not take the risk to make a statement like celebrities in the West. Take Lady Gaga for example, she wears anything and people go ‘wow’. We may have someone in the next decade like her make a style statement,”she says.

Fabric conscious
    “The most important thing while choosing a gown is the fabric. It has to be soft, and extravagant fabrics like silk, velvet, satin and chiffon work best. For the lucky petite women the toga style is an all-time favourite. As for others, they need to pick up styles that accentuate their best features which can be their legs, their shoulders or their necks. Assymetrical lines look shabby while I feel a gown with a slight trail is very elegant. One important tip people should know is that what looks good on others may not look good on you at all. So before buying one take someone to give you advice”, says designer Babita Malkani

What’s your body type
    For any outfit, it is the occasion and the body type that calls the shot for designer Lina Tipnis. “Something like the Grammy awards is young and a fun do. So I feel you can experiment and be a little quirky with the style and colours while something as formal as the Oscars or Cannes, you should preferably go in for solid colours and classic cuts.” Seamless gowns are perfect for almost all body types. Gowns or for that matter anything you wear is an extension of your personality. “I love Halle Berry and her gowns. With an athletic body like hers, she juxtaposes it with a feminine gown,” she adds. In terms of bags or clutches, if you are wearing a solid colour then a jewelled clutch will work well while if your gown has embellishments on it go in for a metallic solid coloured clutch.

Keywords: garments , timeless classics , gowns ,formal functions, Full-length gowns,silk, velvet, satin and chiffon work,designer Babita Malkani,designer Lina Tipnis,Lady Gaga,Oscars or Cannes, Seamless gowns

wow, gorgeous pics.
    Thanks for the tips, help me a lot!!

Gown is a beautiful dress which gives a royal look to any person who is wearing it. It always look beautiful without the help of any accessories. wearing high heels with the gown gives a complete look to the wearer.

Default Home Remedies for Pimples

When we are dealing with acne , which to a teenager is by far the most common gut wrenching disaster to strike fear in the heart of a teenager. What causes it is still unknow but we do know that your pores and glands that store oil in your face and body get clogged. Then it erupts like whipped cream exiting a can.

Most all people have had zits at one point in time and make it through life so its really only going to make your life hell for a few years so take heed its really not the end of the world

Did anyone ever wonder why the seem to show up at the most asinine moments. Right before the PROM ? WTF ? Your WEDDING ? WTF DOUBLE TIME?

More then likely Stress. Yes your doctor wont tell you that neither will the pimple pushers creamers corporations out there, but it does have something to do with your breakouts.

Last edited by sherlyk; 10-28-2011 at 07:25 AM.

I love the idea of wearing a dressing gown over what I usually wear, it would be cosy, comfortable, and it would just make my day better! I prefer the idea of having a dressing gown at work, keep me happy!
    Last edited by sherlyk; 12-03-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Oh.. That is great. Thanks for sharing your experience.

This dress is beautiful, really giving a royal touch , with this gown matching jewellery and heels will look goergeous .