Thread: Government Resume Tips

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Government Resume Tips

A government resume must present information quickly, clearly, and in a way that makes your experience relevant to the position in consideration. That means condensing your information to its most powerful form. The following are a few useful tips to design a government employee's resume.

Focus on the following areas :

* Skills
    * Areas of expertise
    * Certifications
    * Achievements

Job Objective :

You need to have a clear government job target as you need to prepare a government employee's resume. Create a brief headline that encapsulates your career goal and one or two of your top qualifications.

Summarize :

Summarize your strengths and qualifications at the top half of the first page of the your resume, under sections like 'Professional Profile' and 'Areas of Expertise'. List keywords that are pertinent to your career choice and include your industry certifications and licenses.

Emphasize your accomplishments :

Describe your basic job responsibilities, followed by a bulleted list of achievements. Show quantifiable results of your work.

Remember

* Adapt your resume for the specific position for which you are applying.
    * Mention your strengths through job experiences, academic background, or volunteer/community activities.
    * Do not misrepresent yourself or exaggerate; employers do check information.
    * Keep it short, concise and clear.
    * Make it easy to read; avoid a cluttered look.
    * Leave spaces between sections; use headings to organize the details.
    * Eliminate irrelevant information and re-write until you think it is succinct and accurate.
    * Instead of long, dense paragraphs distill the matter by creating bulleted, indented and focused statements.
    * Connect your skills to your job history.
    * Use the Keywords pertinent to your job profile.

Keywords: Government Resume Tips,experience ,Summarize,government employee's resume,job experiences, academic background, volunteer/community activities,creating bulleted, indented , focused statements,job profile, job history, your skills,Emphasize,career goal

ohh thank you to share such a great and help full information, i had this one format, same like this but i lose that, i had in my USB, thank you to share help full and valuable cv format,
    Jobs

Default Government Resume Tips

thank u for a suggestion...