Guess who is the next entrant in Ktown? The grandson of the legendary Sivaji Ganesan and son of actor Prabhu, Vikram Prabhu, is debuting as a hero in ‘Mynaa’ fame Prabusolomon’s next venture – ‘Kumki’.

With a BA in Theatre Arts from San Diego State University, Vikram says he couldn’t wait to enter films. “I’ve finally stepped into films as a hero. ‘Kumki’ will go on floors from August and will be shot in the scenic locales of Ottapalam (Kerala), Munthaal (Podi), Arakkuveli (Vizag), Thailand and the Andaman islands. Director Prabusolomon has also written the story, screenplay and dialogues for this film.”

Though this is his debut, Vikram says he doesn’t feel like a newcomer, as he was never away from the industry. “I come from a film background and represent the third generation. And I’ve been in the film industry for a while, preparing and waiting for the right moment, which I believe has come now. Audiences have always showered love, shown their respect and support for both my grandfather and father. I am confident that the audience will show the same love and support for me,” he says.

Vikram’s preparation into the film industry began a long time ago. He has been an assistant director to Vishnuvardhan and had assisted him in ‘Sarvam’. “I have been assisting in producing films for Sivaji Productions, our home banner. My cousin, Dushyanth, has always supported me in all my ventures. Especially when our home banner was producing ‘Asal’ with Ajith in the lead,” he reveals.

So, how did ‘Kumki’ happen?

“It all happened in about 45 days. I approached Prabusolomon, when I heard that he was looking for a new face for his next film. And everything started off from there,” says the young actor.

Elaborating on his role in the film he says, “The title of the film – ‘Kumki’ (the common term used for captive, trained elephants), is named after the protagonist. As the tagline of the film suggests – ‘a wild love story’, the film is about the friendship between a man and an animal – Kumki and his elephant, Kuzhandhai.” Apparently, the original name of the elephant is Mahadevan and has been brought down from Trichur. ‘Kumki’ is yet another research-based film by Prabusolomon, as a campaign of sorts to save the elephants. “This animal, of late, has been in bad light owing to incidents like straying into villages and violent attacks and killings on inmates,” he avers.

Vikram considers his father, Prabhu, as a constant pillar of support. “My father is my role model and I am also inspired by his acting. He has been encouraging and helping me with my projects also,” says the actor.

Keywords: Vikramprabhu, prabhu’s son, tamil actors, Vikramprabhu stills, Vikramprabhu images, Vikramprabhu gallery, Vikramprabhu