Thread: Kevin Lima to direct Hollywood style Ramayana

Default Kevin Lima to direct Hollywood style Ramayana

LOS ANGELES: Oscar-winner A R Rahman, Gurinder Chadha and Paul Berges are coming together for director Kevin Lima's Bollywood-style animated musical adventure ''Monkeys of Mumbai''.

Lima, who directed Disney's animated ''Tarzan'' before turning to the live-action hits like ''102 Dalmations'' and ''Enchanted'', has signed on to helm Dream Works Animation's new project, whose story is somewhat similar to the great Indian epic the Ramayana.

The movie centers around a man whose wife is kidnapped by a demon king, the Hollywood Reporter said. Lima will approach the story through the point of view of two common monkeys who become unlikely heroes.

"Ever since Enchanted, I have been looking for a film musical. When DreamWorks Animation approached me with the prospect of doing a Bollywood musical with such renowned collaborators, I knew this was the one," said Lima.

Chadha and Berges, who penned ''Bride & Prejudice'' and ''Bend It Like Beckham'', are writing the script.

Rahman, who bagged two Oscars for his music in ''Slumdog Millionaire'', is the composer while Stephen Schwartz is working on lyrics.

Keywords: Latest hollywood news, hollywood movie, Kevin Lima, Hollywood style Ramayana, Hollywood style Ramayana, Oscar-winner A R Rahman, Gurinder Chadha and Paul Berges, Bollywood-style animated musical adventure, Monkeys of Mumbai, Disney's animated Tarzan
    Last edited by minisoji; 07-22-2011 at 05:11 AM.

It will be interesting to see the Ramayan story in hollywood movie.

Let us see how Lima will direct it!

movie trailers 2011|movies trailer