Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: War of world

Well, there is another War Of The Worlds if all of you dont know, Read now:

H.G. Wells' War of the Worlds (also going by the title of Invasion) is one of three film adaptations of The War of the Worlds novel being released in 2005. Much like Spielberg's version, it is a modernized adaptation, but is being released by a production company called The Asylum and whose budget may be more on par with the Pendragon version. However, unlike either, no theatrical release date has been planned, instead the film is set for a direct-to-DVD release. But incredably all three are due in June of the very same year.

Director David Michael Latt (who admits to never seeing the George Pal version) has made it quite clear that his film has changed certain aspects from the source material outside of the shift of time and location. Most notable is that the tripods have been changed to six-legged machines called "walkers" (a conception that mainly stems from allowing the effects team creative freedom). However, he claims that the film will remain true to many of the novel's themes, and it seems to retain certain elements such as the heat-ray, as well as Curate and Artilleryman type of characters. The film follows the main character of George Herbert (an obvious reference to H.G. Wells) through which we see the Martian destruction, which mostly takes place in Washington, D.C.

The DVD is set for release on the 28th (one day prior to the release of Spielberg's film) and has a few notable stars including C. Thomas Howell, Peter Greene, and Jake Busey.

It's presumed that the alternate title of Invasion maybe strictly for the film's overseas distrubution since Paramount own the rights to the War of the Worlds title exclusively outside of the States.

Default its cooool

Yeah i recon the war of the worlds, the recent version is really not to bad, and its got sum great effects but i recon that the ending was poor, it just all stopped because of disease, i think that it shudda been eliminated through a giant world war, woooooooooooo, let fredom ring with the shotgun BLAAAAAASSSSTTT!!!

I haven't seen it yet but it looks VERY good, Im going to go to see it VERY soon. ^_^

it is a thrilling movie///such a nice one

It is an excellent movie, I loved the special effects part when tehy sucked the blood out of the corpses. The pack mentality that effected the people running was very realistic and I loved the way they ended the movie (whether it was in the book or not) the same way they started it. But I have a question. Why didnt they aliens die 50 million years ago when they burried their ships? Amoeba's were around then.

A good movie if you're not a member of the intellectual community. For the smarter members of the audience, there were a few too many plotholes and loss of continuity. The special effects were good, if a tad overdone in places, and not done enough in others; colored lights look really cheesy.

I refused to see this movie. Tom Cruise is in it... after all the BS he talked about (criticizing Brooke Shields for seeking treatment for Post Partum Depression, etc.), there's no way I will ever support his movies again.

Besides, I've always thought he is a bad actor, and ugly to boot ;)

Default yet in the end...

before i went to see this remake, i visited my video store and bought a copy of the 1953 hit of the same title. i did enjoy the original movie. the script, (considering the 50 decade interval) is nice. i had a few laughs as the main protagonists tried to "save" the world while keeping his emotions at bay.

as with the remake, even with the much improved special fx and a spiced plot (cruise having to "babysit" his two children from his ex-wife), i would still say that i enjoyed the original.

just the same, war of the worlds only shows and tries to impart that we should not take our loved ones, and anyone who is important in our lives, for granted... we should not wait for aliens, you see.

Default yezz

yes i have seen this film.
    thiz is taken from the novel
    WAR OF THE WORLDS

THis movie is crazy I love it. I saw in russian and diddnt understand it at all and still its crazy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast