Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War of world

Default War of world

anyone seen this movie??this movie i feel is a very good moive..front very good..but final i don't know do what :roll:

i want to see this movie too... sigh~ friends have seen it... one of them thought it really sucked, but the other said it was pretty good, just the ending was kinda eh...

I haven't seen it yet :O Looked real nice when I saw the previews though. I'll see it soon ^_^

Default War Of The Worlds

I Have Seen It It's A Really Good Movie!

Personally I thought it was very week. Special effects where great, but the plot itself was bad. I have heard the original radio reading by Orson Wells, have read the original book by H.G. wells, and have seen the old (1950s?) movie. The original movie had a much better plot, more of a sciency feel. The new one basically is just a "ahhh run for your lives" theme.

Very Very COOL~I have seen it 7.15

I like Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg

heard that this movie not bad, but toward the ending quite lame cause of the way the alien die. lol.

*seen it* :)
    I just think they overdid it with the fertilization stuff! *yuck*
    I dont recommend trying to eat anything through this scene :)

Overall it was pretty good - - more scarier than "Independence Day" with Will Smith - - I did notice it did seem bit similar in some way though. .

Well, with the end of the movie with the way the aliens die - that's great cuz it means nobody else can invade the world without going through what Mother Earth put us all through! :)

Its ok.

The special effects are truly awesome. Thats how star wars should have been. Its really hard to tell what is real and what is CGI

The ending was inevitable, since that's how it was in the book. It was the believable product of a bygone era when people were less cynical. Gotta agree with ya about that. And having humans defeat the aliens with our inferior tech, a la Independance Day, would've made the whole movie suck on an even larger scale, if ya ask me. This left Spielberg with only one option. As for the super son, hell that's one of the sucky points that I didn't like either. I would've prefered the son to be dead. And I also would've prefered our Mr. Cruise not to be the hero who pointed out to the soldier that the shields were down. And there's also the Tom Cruise with the grenades crap. Tom Cruise saves the day yet again. Bleh.

To me, this movie was one of the better movies, considering it forsook the usual big budget slam bang fests for the emotional drama of a man trying to be a father and protect his family. And yet it wasn't too overbearing with its emotional drama. 3 and a half teh tariks out of 5 for them for being able to balance special effects and drama. Would've been four if not for the super son and the heroic super dad, Tom Cruise. Just my 2 sen. 8)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast