Thread: India will leave England with bruised ego: Stewart

Default India will leave England with bruised ego: Stewart

India will leave England with bruised ego: Stewart

Former England captain Alec Stewart said that India will leave the shores of his country with bruised ego and reputation after their stunning defeats in the ongoing Test series.

The former wicket-keeper batsman was also ecstatic at England becoming the top nation in Test cricket and said, it's time to shout from the rooftop that 'We are the world number one Test side'.

"And I'm delighted to hail Andrew Strauss and his men as the strongest England squad I've seen in my lifetime in cricket.

"India arrived on these shores in July as the king-pins and will be going home with their reputation -- and egos -- bruised and beaten," Stewart wrote in Daily Mirror.

"England have quite simply battered them into submission with a ruthless display of high-class, uncompromising cricket. The much-vaunted Indian batting line-up have had no answers to the high quality fast bowling which has been brilliantly led by James Anderson," he wrote.

Keywords: Latest sports news, Alec Stewart, Former England captain, India with bruised ego, indian cricket, england cricket

good information

The defeat of India in test series was really stunning.I do appreciate to whole English team on superb success and performance.They really did justice with their professionalism.Congratulations to all English team.
    Franchises and Information
    Last edited by Steve Martin; 09-10-2011 at 07:54 AM.