Applications have been invited by Vector Control Research Centre, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, Puducherry in the prescribed format for admission to two years Post-Graduate Degree Course in Public Health Entomology
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:

Category - I:Open Competition:
Candidates seeking admission under this category should have passed any one of the following examinations of any University accepted by the Academic Council of Pondicherry University, Puducherry - B.Sc., (Zoology / Botany / Life Sciences / Medical Laboratory Technology / Microbiology / Biochemistry), B.V.Sc., M.B.B.S., or B.E., / B.Tech., degree with Biotechnology as one of the subjects.

Category II: In-service / Self supporting / Sponsored -
A. Indian nationals
Candidates seeking admission under this category should be employed in either Government or Non-government agencies and sponsored by the employer. Such candidates should have passed (i) B.Sc. (12+3 pattern) with Zoology or Biology as one of the subjects and must have 5 years of regular service or (ii) M.Sc. (12+3+2 pattern) with Zoology or Biology as one of the subjects. The candidates on permanent service must forward their application with a "No Objection" or sponsorship certificate from their employer.

B. Foreign nationals
The foreign applicants under this category possessing the qualifications as mentioned under the Category I or equivalent are eligible to apply. Applications of in-service self supporting as well as sponsored/nominated foreign applicants should be routed through the employer or sponsoring/nominating authority / organization. These applicants will be admitted only with valid student visa for the entire duration of the study.

METHOD OF SELECTION:

Selection of the candidates under Category I and Category II A will be based on their performance in the common entrance test. Entrance test for a duration of two hours will be held only in Puducherry and the date will be intimated to the eligible applicants individually.

APPLICATION FORMS:
The envelope containing the application form should be superscribed as: "APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO M.Sc., (PHE)" and sent by Registered / Speed Post to The Director, Vector Control Research Centre, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, Puducherry-605006. Applications from Indian Nationals should be accompanied by (i) a Demand Draft to the value of Rs.100/- (Rs.50/- in the case of SC/ST candidates) towards application fee, drawn in favour of "The Director, Vector Control Research Centre", payable at Puducherry, and (ii) a self addressed envelope stamped to the value of Rs. 25/-. Foreign nationals can pay the application fee at the time of their admission.

Last date for submission of application is extended to 12th September 2011.

Keywords: Applications, Vector Control Research Centre, Medical Complex,, Post-Graduate Degree Course, Public Health Entomology, Academic Council ,Pondicherry University, B.Sc.,Zoology , Botany ,Life Sciences , Medical Laboratory Technology , Microbiology , Biochemistry, B.V.Sc., M.B.B.S., or B.E., B.Tech., degree , Biotechnology , employer,Zoology , Biology , M.Sc., common entrance test