Though Dhoni hasn’t shown his face on the big screen yet, his name seems to create vibes in the film industry. Actor-cum-producer Prakash Raj will be directing a film, Dhoni, which he will be acting and producing as well. The title and the posters of the film have a striking resemblance to the game of cricket.

Duet Movies, a Prakash Raj production (which has earlier produced Mozhi, Abhiyum Naanum, Vellitherai, Inidhu Inidhu, Payanam and the recent national award winning film Puttakkana highway) is starting off with its next project titled Dhoni, a bilingual, in Tamil and Telugu.

The actor/producer who took his first step in direction last year with the Kannada flick, Naanu nanna kanasu, says, “My excitement triples with Dhoni as I have produced, direct ed and acted in it. To direct is a very important journey for me to reinvent myself.” Currently under production, the movie is being shot both in Hyderabad and Chennai continuously until October. Dhoni will hit screens in December.

After a long time, Maestro Ilayaraja has done a live recording for all the songs in the film, for which he is doing the background score also.

KV Guhan has cranked the camera, while K Kadhir has done the art direction, TJ Gnanavel has penned dialogues, and National Award winner Kishore has taken care of editing. Lyrics have been penned by Na Muthukumar. Master Akash and Fashion fame Mughda Godse also play important roles in the film.

Now what we wonder is, if our cricket star, Dhoni will give darshan in this film?

Keywords: Latest tamil film, latest film news, Prakash Raj directs Dhoni, actor Prakash Raj , producer Prakash Raj, Mozhi, Abhiyum Naanum, Vellitherai, Inidhu Inidhu, Payanam, Tamil film news, Telugu film news