Thread: A couple questions on my forum

Default A couple questions on my forum

I have a forum that has been running for a while now, and have a couple questions:
    (also, our forum is on phpBB 2.0.21)

1. Like many others, I have problems with spam accounts registering. I disabled account activation and set it only by admin, but they still continue to register. Is there any way to stop this, or is it something that we just need to stay on top of?

2. I would like to delete a lot of user accounts (the vast majority of which are these spam accounts) but the method is extremely cumbersome. Is there a way to do this in bulk rather than entering the user name and going to their user page in admin?

3. Our forum is on phpBB 2.0.21, is it possible to get it upgraded to the latest version of phpbb, and are these other issues maybe addressed in newer versions?

thanks for any help,
    Chumpy

my main issue i need help with is pruning members - as i mentioned already, we have a ton of spam accounts that have been registered over time, and I have no effective means of pruning them out. we have about 2200 registered users, and at a quick glance, only the first 300 are actual people. Is it possible for an admin to just go in and wipe out users above a certain member #?

Default ïîð*î ðîëèêè &

hi my best frinds! im mr.Trolololo... ÏÎÐÍÎ ÂÈÄÅÎ ÁÅÑÏËÀÒÍÎ iranadaimaksimtraxautsasvishnevomvinombodsoysomkis lm Ë*óð* äåòê* =)

As I can see from the above post, spam accounts are a problem nobody can solve. Even on this forum !