Thread: Film & television star Ronit Roy today arrested

Default Film & television star Ronit Roy today arrested

Film and television star Ronit Roy was today arrested for rash and negligent driving after he was involved in an accident in suburban Amboli, police said

The 42-year-old actor was behind the wheels of his Mercedes when he rammed into a WagonR with four occupants at around 6.45 AM on Linking Road near Sab TV lane.

“A 56-year-old woman had sustained severe injuries in the incident following which the actor himself took her and three others to a nearby hospital,” H Vhatkar, senior inspector at Amboli police station, told PTI.

Ronit was subsequently arrested under IPC sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way), 338 (causing grievous hurt by act of endangering life or personal safety of others), he added.

Police are awaiting medical reports to confirm if the actor was drunk at the time of the mishap.

Ronit has acted in serials like ‘Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’, ‘Bandini’, ‘Adaalat’ and in films like ‘Udaan’, ‘Pankh’ (2010) to name a few.

Keywords:Film ,television star Ronit Roy , negligent driving a,in suburban Amboli, police ,Mercedes, WagonR,PTI,IPC sections ,Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’,Bandini, ‘Adaalat,Udaan’, ‘Pankh.

Ohh..I is bad to hear that Ronit Roy is arrested. I was not aware of this thing. What happened with him ?? I don't think he could do anything illegal.
    Last edited by sherlyk; 11-08-2011 at 05:21 AM.