Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brain Dead Woman gives birth to baby girl

Default Brain Dead Woman gives birth to baby girl

A cancer-ravaged woman robbed of consciousness by a stroke has given birth after being kept on life support for three months to give her fetus extra time to develop.

Read more at CNN

Should we allow Brain Dead people to live on life support ? Did she want to become a mother after death ? Want her daughter to live with out mother ?
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

No, The kid should be sent to a foster parent right away because the kid won't find out if the foster's don't tell.

Braindead people shouldn't be on lifesupport they should be killed by a doctor inject some serin in the body and have a quick quiet death.

Braindead people are useless when you start having no knowledge of anything.
    Thats just my opinion though.
    Doctors can opperate on her, but that would sort of be against the law.

Personally, I don't think they should give her life support in the first place and it's extremely ludicrous to hear the would give her life support. So the baby would be born. Don't they ever think for the baby? How would he felt about having a brain dead mother, under the condition he is fully healthy? What if he turns out to be a brain dead child? Would that do our community any good?
    Do you think their familiy pay for all of these??? NO!!!! It's the tax payer that's providing the money~!!!

felony~~
    What did u mean by "operate on her"?
    i don't think the doctor would ever dare to do that. I think those love caring human right or watever people would shoot through the room and start protesting.. so definitely not doable

It's easy for us to make judgements but what did the woman herself want? I would be pretty certain that she knew she was terminally ill with melanoma before the stroke and would have wanted her unborn child to be given a chance to live. What about the child? surely better to be alive without a mother, but with a father and family still than dead.
    What about the husbands wishes? Even though he's lost a wife he wouldn't want to lose the child as well. I don't imagine for one minute this child will be adopted, it seems to be wanted and loved by the surviving family.

I think that's a very good point of view swug~, putting urself into the family's shoe. Yes, it is easy for us to be making comments about it. It's just a mess about human right and what should be carried out disregarding it. There isn't really a right solution to it. Merely action that's taken by majority votes. :/

Well brain-dead peoples and other on life support systems should be supported by their families as much as in their power, resource etc. Hey how about this "I have no use of you or your puny little active brain in your body so you should die. Is it me who decided who should live or not. Or if your are going to be of some use to me then you should live; otherwise not"

it is totally depends on the family's decision and the mothers capability..

but we are paying all the cash

i can't get u guru898rider what u r saying.....

just like i have stated already
    their family is not the one who's paying teh cash for all those media expenses. it's the tax payer, us, who is paying for the bills. is that fair? NO!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast