Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Computer (Can you help?)

A couple of days/ weeks ago, this problem started to annoy me. So I reinstalled my windows fully (Format), starting new and fresh, and the problem still occurs (Restarting Problem), I was hoping that the format would have fixed the problem but actually didn’t still same old thing just brang in two other problems. It can’t really be viruses now, right? I think it’s something more in the hardware section then the software.

That you mentioned the Online Virus scans, do you know any good ones you could recommend?
    I’d like to see other results from other virus scans, on my computer I am using Panda Anti-Virus and that shows that there is nothing on my computer that’s infected. I also tried using Microsoft AntiSpyware, and that also shows nothing, so I want to see what the online scan can find. (I can always search on google.com for this scan but someone recommending one would be better I think)

Now it could possibly be the FAN(s), the RAM or maybe the PSU, but I doubt that it’s the PSU.

Also I have another problem that occurred after I formatted my computer and after some time of use of computer. The problem is, after some time of using the computer and then at a point I want to turn it off (Start > Turn Off Computer), the computer freezes (You can still move the mouse but not click on anything) but it doesn’t pop up the screen where it asks (Whether you want to Restart, Shutdown…etc). Then I have no other choice then to turn the computer off manually (Pressing the button). I’ve tried Ctrl + Alt + Delete, and then go shutdown > Turn Off then it log’s out of the user and goes to the screen that says ‘Windows is shutting down now’ and just totally freezes there and takes no effect after that (just stops at that screen).

This computer is full of problems, problem after problem… but this problem with the freezing is the newest problem so far. The rest of the computer is working just fine, it’s just those three problems; (Computer Restarting at random times, Photoshop doesn’t work, and Computer freezing when attempt to restart, shutdown computer)

Do these first:

1. Trend Micro antivirus scan:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp

2. Spybot S&D (download, run the program, run update, imunaze computer, and run scan):

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

Then say how it went. BTW there are a fiew post I made how to maintain your computer in top form, try seraching the for and you ll shurly find the posts.

P.S. Iz Sarajeva si?

hej, da iz Sarajeva sam, a sad sam u Toronto. Ovdje u Toronto sam sad 15 - 16 godina. Ja sam 20.

Ej, Hvala puno sa pomoc i ovo sve.

((I'll notify you on the situation of the problem(s) when I install Spybot S&D and run that scan...

Thanks again))

Quote Originally Posted by HPD.
    Do these first:

1. Trend Micro antivirus scan:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp

2. Spybot S&D (download, run the program, run update, imunaze computer, and run scan):

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html

Then say how it went. BTW there are a fiew post I made how to maintain your computer in top form, try seraching the for and you ll shurly find the posts.

I did those things you said ^^

...and I'm having the same problems (Computer Freezes when attempt at Restarting/ Shutting Off Computer, Computer Restarting Randomly, Photoshop doesn't want to run)

OK, but did the scans find anything, or? Is your system clean? Cos if it is, after all you tried only logical explanation is that you have some bad hardware problem/s.

So, now open up your computer, and start checking the components, beggining with fan, RAM, power supply... or if you don't know how to do it - give it to someone who knows, and he ll probeobly find the problem in the min or two.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

P.S. Heh, pozdrav iz Hrvatske, skuzio sam sa tvoje stranice od kud si, skroz me iznenadilo =), imam par prijatelja iz Sarajeva. Sorry sto nemogu pomoci vise, mora biti neki problem u hardwareu, tako da otvori kuciste i provjeri sam ili neka ti netko pomogne. Vjerojatno ces morati zamjeniti neku od komponenti, nadam se da nije pre velik kvara, moguce je da je samo stvar u losim kontaktima... ako jos nesto trebas, samo pitaj... Sretno!

Phoshop CS/CS2 need Page files:::Initial Size: 1512, Max size: 3024 to be run normally......so you must have at least 512 and no other apps running at the background....

Quote Originally Posted by HPD.
    OK, but did the scans find anything, or? Is your system clean? Cos if it is, after all you tried only logical explanation is that you have some bad hardware problem/s.
    The ‘SpyBot: Search & Destroy’ only found some little internet files, which got fixed right away. The Online Virus Scan didn't find anything, as it looks the computer is clean of viruses.

Yeah soon (tomorrow) I’m just going to open up the computer and see what’s going on. The computer is a HP Compaq so it’s kind of all tight inside there hard to get your hand in and fumble with it stuff.

Does anybody know how to use MBM5 (Motherboard Monitor 5)?
    (I tried installing it but the buttons and functions there scare me, I don’t want to make things worse) Could this program ‘MBM5’ work, or tell me something useful about these problems?

Quote Originally Posted by sawanbanna
    Phoshop CS/CS2 need Page files:::Initial Size: 1512, Max size: 3024 to be run normally......so you must have at least 512 and no other apps running at the background....
    I'm using Photoshop 7, yet to try CS/ CS2.

MBM5 is usualy used when you are overclocking your compuetr. It can be used for diagnostic too.

First thing you have to do is to see if MBM5 supprots your motherboard.. I think everything else is automatic, so nothing to screw up realy...

There are a few problems in this topic on top of the ‘Photoshop error’ so I’m changing the name of the topic. (Might attract more people)
    From ‘Problem with my Photoshop’ to ‘Problems with Computer (Can you help?)

I’m going to write a brief summary of the problems, so people don’t have to go back too much to the pervious posts.

Computer Spec’s:
    Intel Pentium 4
    CPU 2.53GHz
    2.53GHz, 632 MB of RAM

HP Compaq Computer
    Windows XP
    Color is on 32 Bit

Hard-drive space:
    (C: ) 11.2 GB out of 19.5 GB
    (D: ) 17.4 GB out of 17.7 GB

Resolution: 1024 by 768 pixels
    (Any other information about computer feel free to ask)

1 Photoshop Error
    Doesn’t run, gives an error when attempt to start up (Picture and available on Page 1)
    Error “Could not initialize Photoshop because there is not enough memory (RAM)”

2. Computer Restarts at random times.
    Tried Attempts (SpyBot - Search and Destroy [only found some little internet files], Microsoft Anti Spyware [No Results], Checking for viruses [Online Scan & Computer Anti Virus – Panda AntiVirus – No Results].
    Yet to try pulling ram out and checking if any are damaged.

3. Computer Freezes when attempt at Restarting/ Shutting Off Computer
    After ‘some time’ of using the computer (want to Restart/ Shut off) the computer freezes when you click <Start> - <Turn Off Computer>. Then the only thing left to do is Ctrl + Alt + Delele > Shut Down > Turn Off. Then it freezes at the blue screen ‘Windows is shutting down’, and then the only thing left to do is turn it off manually (Button).
    …and if I know something about computers it is that, that can’t be good for them (Manuel Turn Off)

Thank you,
    Appreciate it.

Ogi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast