Thread: Online Users Visible

Default Online Users Visible

At the bottom of my screen on my board, is there some way I can have who is actually online at the present time to show up? When my members go there, they would like to see who all may be online at the same time as they are. What part of my admin function do I enable to make this function visible? Most of my other bulletin boards have this feature and my members just expect it and I would like it visible also.

This feature is available with phpBB. Read it's documentation.

I do not hide my status in this forum so people know that I'm here and they are assured that higher ranking people are here helping others are her to help them.
    Its like reassuring them and making them feel more secure when visiting.

phpBB has this feature. But hey why are you posting on two or more places.

Default Sorry

I did read the 'documentation'. If I had understood it, I would not have come here seeking assistance.

I am just new and I needed help.

I didn't understand the remark about 'hey why are you posting in two places'. I didn't mean to do anything wrong.

I just ask a simple question and you made me feel very unwelcomed here. When I get more experienced, I sure hope I never do this to someone that comes here seeking help.

A little food for thought:

Knowledge is a wonderful thing. Sharing it with others without being condesending is a trait that everyone doesn't possess. When that is your situation, restraint in commenting on the request should be used if your answer can't be delivered with kindness.

Most mods on this forum are hidden, I don't like that, it keeps people from seeing that their are administrators and people that can help them here.
    They dont' know if they are here they don't know who to ask questions too, thats probably why I'm most popular mod (some say).
    And they = registred user's of forums.bizhat.com

in admin control panel have the option for you to set evrything on that..by default site admin and mod have this functions..

Default New problem

Boy, I really love my forum but I am having problems. Now now one can view the forum. There is a error screen there. I can't even access my controls. It is saying there are too many connections....no one is connected, you can get in period. Says it can't find Biznet data base. What can I do. The reset suggestion did nothing. Can someone here help me.

Here is everyone is seeing:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/freeforums/conf_global/multiforums.config.inc.php on line 10

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/freeforums/conf_global/multiforums.config.inc.php on line 11

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/freeforums/conf_global/multiforums.config.inc.php on line 14

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/freeforums/conf_global/multiforums.config.inc.php on line 73

Warning: mysql_query(): Too many connections in /home/freeforums/index.php on line 100

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/freeforums/index.php on line 100

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/freeforums/index.php on line 101

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /home/freeforums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/freeforums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70
    ERROR: Cannot find database bizhatc_freeforums
    Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/freeforums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103

There appears to be an error with the Grits and Magnolias database.
    You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT moderator.mid as is_mod, moderator.allow_warn, m.id, m.name, m.mgroup, m.password, m.email, m.restrict_post, m.view_sigs, m.view_avs, m.view_pop, m.view_img, m.auto_track,
    m.mod_posts, m.language, m.skin, m.new_msg, m.show_popup, m.msg_total, m.time_offset, m.posts, m.joined, m.last_post,
    m.last_visit, m.last_activity, m.dst_in_use, m.view_prefs, m.org_perm_id, m.temp_ban, m.sub_end, g.*
    FROM gritsandmagnoli_members m
    LEFT JOIN gritsandmagnoli_groups g ON (g.g_id=m.mgroup)
    LEFT JOIN gritsandmagnoli_moderators moderator ON (moderator.member_id=m.id OR moderator.group_id=m.mgroup )
    WHERE m.id=1

mySQL error: Too many connections
    mySQL error code:
    Date: Friday 19th of August 2005 10:14:13 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience