Known for his open talk, Simbu aka STR is at it again. Now that the year is coming to a close, the actor-director-singer has listed out the movies he liked in 2011, in his interview to a popular Tamil weekly.

“I liked Kanchana a lot. A thriller was beautifully presented in a hilarious way. Thala Ajith’s Mankatha is super. It needs a lot of guts to don such a character. Vijay rocked in his usual style in Velayudham, while 7aum Arivu is a different fare,” he said.

Simbu added: “Though there are a variety of films in 2011, Thala walks away with honours this year with Mankatha.” Remember STR, a huge fan of Ajith, watched ‘Mankatha’ twice back to back on the first day of its release. He was accompanied by Jai, another big fan of Ajith.

On ‘Whi this kolaveri di…’ becoming viral, Simbu said, “I don’t know why everyone wants to know my comments about this song. I liked it a lot. Some are criticizing the number. But that’s not the way to view it. It’s nice to listen, that’s it.”

Keywords: Simbu aka STR, actor-director-singer ,Kanchana,Thala Ajith’s Mankatha,Vijay , Velayudham, 7aum Arivu ,Simbu,fan of Ajith,Mankatha,Whi this kolaveri di.