Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SPAMMER'S STAY BACK

ya..spams r really annoying...

they should b given a warnin first of all...
    n if they continue it, they should b terminated.

does this forum has a spam monitoring device? for that is a good thing for a healthy forum chat :D

I think that if it is spam and you can tell that it is intentional, then you should automatically ban the member and record the Ip address. If the spammer returns under another name, then you should block the IP. I have also found it useful to have an Spam forum. This forum is the only forum that spam is allowed. The spammers can "release the spamming urges" You can delete all of the threads in the spam forum every 2-5 days. once these threads are deleted, the user's post count who posted them goes down therefore the spam post don't count. With a spam forum you don't have to give warning to people who spam in other areas. If they spam other areas then you should automatically delete the users account. Tough Luck, but you guys work hard to keep this thing clean and if people cant respect that, then the don't need to be here anyway.

EDIT: I would be happy to be a spam remover. I could go through everyday and clear out all of the spam. You can have several members do this. It would relieve stress on the mods and allow them to answer questions from members. I am a new member but I am very experianced with phpbb and I know my way around the forums. Just pm me if you would like for me to do this for you. I have also noticed that there is a bot on by the username: priya_09818026944 (has made 20 post in the past few minutes all of which are Advertisements.)

baning ip is good but alot of people have a dynamic ip address and just have to unplug there modem to get a new ip

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyrussell
    I really believe they should spend time in jail.
    While I may be new here I do at least know that it would be
    illogical to press charges against a spammer. You may hate
    them but no legal system would jail them.

Spamming in my opinion is non-allowed advertisements, duplicate posting (to a certain extent) and posts that are just irrelevant to the conversation that is taking place in said topic. I hope to be able to enjoy this site for a long time, and do not plan on spamming cause it is plain out annoying.

One option that has worked on some sites but not all is to make a separate spam forum and allow all the spamming they want there while deleting spam in other forums

If anyone comes here just to disrupt, then you need to vaporize them! :twisted:

Default This forum is for discussing

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmibs
    If anyone comes here just to disrupt, then you need to vaporize them! :twisted:
    I too agree with marvelousmibs.

This forum is for discussing serious things. Not a place to play with silly posts.

I too hate spammers. Nothing like clicking a video of something you are waiting to watch, only to find out it's a RickRoll

Well...you tell them what is spam,if they don't understand,then ban them.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast