Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Default Question

I am new here; I just wanted to know:

* If the bandwidth amount is limited per day
    * What is the connection-timeout via FTP?

Thanks!

Default Re: Question

Quote Originally Posted by amitm
    [u]* If the bandwidth amount is limited per day
    * What is the connection-timeout via FTP?
    Bandwidth is monthly...FTP connection timeout is set by your ftp client...you can set on your own in Properties of your ftp...

swanbanna i want to bite u especially ur head and eat u ..r u be looking like the avatar in ur real life.

damn it...you want to eat me...get the hell out here lol..........

Default FTP TIME OUT

=== FTP TIME OUT ===

I am using internet explorer [ftp mode] to upload the files.

How do I change that timeout limit? or there's a way to cancel that limit??
    Doesn't it depend on the server ? [I hope not]

thx!

Well, first thing >> about time out, this is a feature used to disconnect the network connection by various networking applications like internet connection(through dialler) email program, FTP and so on. This is so to protect your computer/login from unauthorized access.
    However, as you said you are using IE, I guess that it is more of a problem with IE. Accessing FTP through IE have lot of problems. You better use any other FTP program. You can either download FTP programs from online. Or, use a web based FTP program. Like:
    http://www.net2ftp.com/
    You'll need your FTP server name and Username(in case of bizhat it would be yourusername.bizhat.com) and of course the password. The port will be the same unless your web hosting specifies it otherwise. Also, need not care about other fields.
    Still have problems, let me know.

Default Amitm

I tried many times to upload everything using Front Page 2002 (XP).
    It's a bit better than IE.. I think.. Sometimes it freezes or disconnects after a while; IE gets stuck after ~15 seconds or so.
    Both programs are Microsofted...

But the advantage of Front Page is its ability of comparing files [checks whether source=files on FTP]........................

Comparing Files is an important feature, better rather uploading everything each time, and that TimeOut problem might be solved - the uploading time will be very short.

So, is there's any application out there that does the same as FrontPage?

Frontpage has a newer version than 2002 there is a 2003, and that works pretty good most of the time if you know the FTP Stuff that you need.

Most places give out such information.

like if you check the free hosting froum here, and you will see a sticky with ftp stuff here, and yea so you can check tehre if you want examples of stuff.

the bandwith is spent monthly.

Well, I suggest not to use any HTML editing software like FrontPage and DreamWeaver either. Yeah, they do have the ability to upload pages as well but ... I would use specialized software for uploading files like WS_FTP and so on. You can get them free online. Just Google and there they are.
    But still you have prob.? Check if you have any AntiVirus or Firewall running on your system. If you do, try closing(disable) them for a while. Also, the size of files you are trying to upload to the amount of net speed you have also determine the FTP success rate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast