Thread: Nobody gives a proper brief...

Default Nobody gives a proper brief...

My partner & I have been running our web design company for just under a year and we've been really lucky in getting a lot of interest from potential clients. Our problem is that they nearly always say things like, "we'd like a new website. It should be blue and green. How much will it be?" We're finding it very difficult to know how to respond to this type of request. Usually we try to get a meeting set up to try to wrestle a proper brief but often the response is, "well just give us an idea of cost and then we'll set up a meeting".

Does anyone else have this sort of problem? If so, how do you resolve it?

Steve
    In the jungle of the senses...

yeah... i get this fairly offen. just reply asking for more detail. or have aphp script which people need to use to apply for a site and make a minimum number of charachters so that they have to describe it better. also there are certain styles of site for certain industries, i.e. flower shops have flowing. and professional buisnesses have professional looks. so just look at the industry.

.:Ice

.:Ice

Don't take me wrong here, the cost depends on how much you think it will cost you to put together the website, and ofcourse + your profit margin. It all depends on the amount of work that you are going to put it. If you just creating some icons and simple page layout. It can be done in a day pr two. But if you are using some heavy coding with database and stuff, it will take much longer.

So you will have to decide the cost, not us. It all depends on what you think is thr right price. Thats how business works. It kinda like sending bidding.

May be you can ask your competitors "anonymously" and get an idea ;)