Thread: What's asp,php,xhtml?

Default What's asp,php,xhtml?

I heard they're using asp,php,xhtml and stuff. Could anyone tell me what's the difference? Can photoshop used to create web layouts? Thanks.

asp & php are server-side languages, that lets you the abillity to build dynamic webpages, which can get information from the surfer and use this information to return the user the requested answer.

xhtml is the new standard of HTML, which used to build web pages.

in order to use php and asp you must learn first html (xhtml to be precise) because html is the language that the browser (IE, FF and others) understands and translate to what you see on your screen.

about photoshop - yes, it is. by using "slice tool" you can define slices in you photo, and then by "save to web..." you can "export" the image into a webpage, so each slice goes as a different cell in a table (<table><tr><td>...)

Default Oo

I see. I want to learn creating layouts. Besides photoshop, what softwares you recommend? They said if you write your site usin' XML, then users can simply view it through their cellphone, is that right? Before I forget, what software I use to create flash pages? Is it photoshop? Thankx very much! I appreciate your help a lot! :twisted:

hi there,

to make flash movies you use Flash (by macromedia) or you can use other programs like "swish max" (i'm sure there are more).

about cellphone pages - i think it's WML (and it's pretty similar to XML).
    anyway, the easiest way for you to learn is to try "macromedia dreamweaver"
    its a program for building websites, and it includes XML,HTML and more (javascript, vbscript...) and can also build cellphone web pages.

Default Re: What's asp,php,xhtml?

dear friend

well ASP and PHP are server side scripting languages where as HTML is a simple web programming langluage which is executed on the client to show the result.
    and XHTML is the advanced version of HTML.

thanks

thanks for the informations

Photoshop definatly can, but I would suggest all kinds of different pictures to make the layout.

There's a really big annoying bug on this thread...

Anyway they are all languages just as other said. Some simpler and easier than the other, i find php relatively confusing tho, but somewaht user-friendly.

Its not a bug, you can put codes in the forum, and confuse the SQL for this topic into making new posts into 1 already posted post. :P If you can make sense of that you got brains of me. :D