Thread: Top 5 Reasons to Launch Google Talk

Default Top 5 Reasons to Launch Google Talk

In a moment of idleness late on a Friday afternoon I thought yet again about Google Talk and the question of why it exists. Having used the service for a day now, and with tongue firmly in cheek, at least five rationales occurred to me.

Sure, maybe none of these is a real reason necessarily, but they're about as good as any I've seen so far.

5. Larry and Sergey got tired of yelling across the office at one another.

4. Skype’s profit margins just too tempting to pass up.

3. Felt they just hadn’t confused the market sufficiently in the past couple of days.

2. Google doesn't know you intimately enough just reading your e-mail and peeking at what kind of naughty pictures you search for.

1. Wanted yet another communication channel via which to refuse to talk to CNET.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

beware messenger . . . :)

I enjoy most things google puts out of google labs but so far i have yat to use google voice, google desktop, and that google blogging thing.

Maybe I'm just not intrested in these programs... but i think it's that deep down gut feeling telling me to not sell my soul to google.

honestly I havent been too interested in many google products. The search engine is the only thing I use often...I dont really find the rest of the google products that interesting. =/

Google Earth is a nice app but not very big.
    There aren't many cities on it, to few places are in high detail, etc.
    It's actually quiet useless.

I think the googlebar is prety useful too. (for me though)

Well I tried out the AIM Triton beta and it's for sure a step for AIM users. I'm not sure however in which direction. Of course it has the "For sure to be classified as 00's GUI in years to come" glass look to it. It also has a couple of other features tacked into it as well. Don't forget the ads though. You can choose to have them at the beginning of your instant messages or on your buddy list.

I like the mini-software Google uses. It's clean. It's simple. It's effective. I like Google Talk, but no one I know really utilizes it. It'll take off, just like the Google Toolbar, just like Gmail.

Either way...Peace out MSN Messenger.