Thread: Katy Perry, Russell Brand Finalize Divorce

Default Katy Perry, Russell Brand Finalize Divorce

Superior Court Judge Marc Marmaro granted the couple's divorce on Wednesday, but it will not be official until July 14. In California, couples must wait half a year after filing for divorce before it is official.

Brand filed for divorce Dec. 30, citing "irreconcilable differences." There was no date given when Perry and Brand separated.

"Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I'll always adore her and I know we'll remain friends," the British actor and comedian released in a statement at the time.

In an appearance on Ellen DeGeneres' show in December, Brand denied any truth to rumors that he and Perry were having issues. "I'm really happily married," he said on the talk show.

Brand, who stars in the upcoming Rock of Ages and was cast in Diablo Cody's directorial debut with Julianne Hough in September, and "Teenage Dream" singer Perry, were married Oct. 23, 2010 in India.

The marriage, the first for both, lasted 14 months.

In the days following the divorce filing, Perry -- who canceled an appearance at the People's Choice Awards -- remained silent until early January, when she wrote on her Twitter account: “Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that NO ONE speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, "close sources" or my family." She also said she was "grateful for all the love and support." Later that month, Perry unfollowed Brand on Twitter.

Keywords:Superior Court ,Judge Marc Marmaro, couple's divorce , Perry , Brand , marriage, Ellen DeGeneres,Rock of Ages ,Diablo Cody,Teenage Dream,singer Perry,People's Choice Awards, a blog, magazine.
    Last edited by sherlyk; 02-09-2012 at 09:54 AM.