Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: trying to quit smoking.....

No it doesn't help, you'll just smoke more, thats what my mom is doing.

Just stop.
    Thats the bottom line.
    Just stop do something else when you have an urge to smoke.

Then you will kick back into withdrawl for about a day or so, and from there all you have to do it not think about the stuff and force yourself not to do it again.

I'm a second hand smoker, 15 years old, I'm almost dead and I'm pretty sure I'll e diagnosed with lung cancer soon.

Your putting yourself and other people around you at risk.
    Its something my mom hasn't figured out.

I tell her when she smokes my chest hurts really bad, but she doesn't care.
    She says she worries about me, naw don't think so.

If you think my way is torturing yourself, do so as you please, you deserve it for starting in the first place. A little abuse and hurt never really killed anyone.

Try having a person 6 inches from you and start up a cigar, see how they like it.

hmmm... nice thought and some good advice
    i'll try putting it to action...

thank you !

Go cold turkey for a while.Nicotine Patches and that are crap.

Quote Originally Posted by karma330
    dear merchant of death...

Offering advice being a non smoker, shows ur concern, thanx a lot !

i was practising most of what u said , except for the drinking the water thing . its still hard to quit.

but i cant get myself to quit smoking in a few situtations like
    - in the shit house , i cant shit with out a smoke in the loo early in the mornnig.
    - after my meals
    - while waiting.
    What? You smoke at the shit house?? Never mind, I know it's a bit boring. Maybe you can bring a book along with you, read it while you shit ( I dont think it's a good idea :? )

Try to chew some chewing gum when you wait.

Yes addictions are hard to get over.

Alot of your brain messages are covered up with Addiction and nicotien blockers so messages and cravings are more set in the brain, and messages are more blocked and you can go brain dead because of this.

When you keep your addiciton, your addiction blocker is fused with your brain wave cells and starts destroying them.

The only way is to quit within a year, or keep the craving / urge for the rest of your life and just give up.

hexicetree,

thanx for the advice , i chew gum most of the time, i smoke while chewnig gum too.
    i've tried not carrying a pack of cigs with me , so when in need one i dont have one , but in the last 4 days i ended up buying one wheneveri needed one , now i've got 3 packs extra with me ..... my idea dint work.

but i'm happy cos i did cut down on the number of cigs. previously i'd puff off 3 or 4 packs a week , but now i'm down to 2.5 or 3 a week.

thanx for the advice ppl..

hi

yahoooooooooo, 3 days 10 fags ...
    i'm improoving guys .........

cheers

Default Its hard

Ive never smoked myself but i have had many fiends who have and i know it was very tough. Patches, gum they tried it all but most just had to knuckle down and use will power. Lost wanted to quit because they were scared by cancer reports ect.

Dear karma,

I know excactly how you're feeling.
    I was a heavy smoker for 18 years myself. I used to smoke about 20 cigaretts a day.
    I always wanted to quit smoking before the doctors tell me to.
    One day a collegue of mine suggested that I sould read "The easy Way to stop smoking" by Allen Carr.
    I had nothing to loose, so I bought the book. I started reading it during my launch breake at work and when I went home I continued reading. In fact I couldn't put it down. I finished the book at nearly 1:30 in the morning.
    The next morning, I woke up and smoked my last cigarette.
    That was it. The date was October 2nd, 2002. I haven't smoked NOT ONE cigarette since then, and I haven't missed it AT ALL. In fact I have forgotten how smoking was.

I'm sure that this book will help you, the way it helped me.

Here is the URL of the book : http://www.allencarrseasyway.com/

Oh! And Congratulations for trying to quit smoking. Well done.

If you wanna quit smoking try those stickers you put in your body! I think one member of my family quited smoking with them!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast