Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: trying to quit smoking.....

Default A little fun motivation

Good for you for trying to quit....here's something that may give you a little extra push. Check out the stuff on www.TheNeverSurrenderCompany.com I got a shirt for my brother in law who is trying to quit.

Glad to here your trying, my dad died from smoking and because of that i cant bring my self to do it.

Personally, I've never smoked. However, my mother smoked for most of her adult life. One day, she just said she didn't feel good, and didn't want to smoke again.

For nearly 25 years, she hasn't touched another cigarette. I guess that's an extreme way to quit, but since you're dealing with a highly addictive drug, that might be a good way for some folks to quit.

hi dear friend!
    i think you must try "nlp".
    especially "nac"

I tried giving it up as a new years resolution...it lasted 1 day. I really should try a little harder and maybe I will succeed.

Default Great - You Quit !!

Dear karma330,

Thanks for starting this thread. It has got disucssion on some genuine challenges of our age. I hope that you would have quit smoking by this time. Am i right? Keep us updating :-)

Thanks to all of those fellow Bizhat-ians who helped your cause. They can really make a big contribution towards helping you. So, keep posting here in the new year as well so that others may also get benefitted with your experience.

PS: I don't smoke but I would be more than happy if I can help a single friend of mine to fight against this bad habit.

Nice thread go ahead.......

all of you have a good day

Default HARMLESS CIGARETTE

HARMLESS CIGARETTE

A cigarette aimed at being less harmful to health is being sold to American smokers. The Eclipse cigarette is being marketed to a select set of people in Texas, and over the internet.

It is lit in the normal way, but instead of burning fully, the tobacco in the cigarette is primarily heated instead of burned, so 90 percent less second-hand smoke filters into the air and 75 percent fewer cancer-causing agents enter the body.

The advertising campaign for the Eclipse cigarette will say that while the best choice for smokers concerned about health is to quit, the next best choice is to smoke "safer" cigarettes.

RJ Reynolds, the company behind Eclipse, marketed a no-smoke cigarette called Premier several years ago, but consumers rejected it because they did not like the taste. While Eclipse is based on an identical principle as Premier, its design is essentially different. For example, Premier contained an aluminum capsule that held and released glycerin and flavorings, while Eclipse does not.

In addition, Premier burned no tobacco whatsoever, while Eclipse does burn a small amount. Although the Eclipse cigarette burns a small amount of tobacco, its smoke chemistry is much simpler than that of current, tobacco-burning cigarettes. In addition, the company says the biological activity of the smoke, as assessed by a battery of toxicological assays, is greatly reduced.

Default Smoking

I quit smoking 3 times ,hahahaha.I think that if there was a safe drug for nerves Id be ok and could quit,hahahahaha

Default Re: Smoking

Quote Originally Posted by generations
    I quit smoking 3 times ,hahahaha.I think that if there was a safe drug for nerves Id be ok and could quit,hahahahaha
    If I get you right dear generations, you no more smoke and you have completely quit smoking. Am I right?

Share your experience with us. It may be help to someone else. I have seen my friends who started smoking at an early age telling that it's very difficult for them to quit smoking at the later stages of life because by this time their body gets totally dependent upon it. I don't know how much correct they are or is this just a lame excuse? :-)

May be someone who smoke can throw some light over it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast