A much-needed win in the end brought back smiles on the face of India skipper MS Dhoni, who despite the sloppiness of his team's showing against a lacklustre Sri Lanka, chose to look at the brighter side of things. The captain, however, promised that his team would try and not repeat the mistakes in the future games.

"I'm happy with the win. I agree that there were a few shots that we shouldn't have played but mistakes do happen in the game, but it's good that we ended up on the winning side. We could have lost this game also. It gives us a chance to come back and hopefully we won't repeat the mistakes in the coming games," said Dhoni, after his team registered their first win in the ongoing tri-series on Wednesday.

The Indians had slipped to 181 for 6 at one stage, chasing 234 and Dhoni agreed that his side could've lost their way. "Once I got out and Virat got run out, we entered a stage where the game could have gone either ways. It looked more as if it would go the Sri Lankan way because they had Malinga and with his sling-arm action, he could've knocked over one of our last-recognized batsmen. But the batsmen got the partnership going and did well."

Dhoni credited R Ashwin for his good show, both the bat and ball. "Since Praveen Kumar had an off day, it was important that somebody took the responsibility and Ashwin did that. He bowled in spells in the first and the second power plays and the rest in the slog overs. It was a very impressive bowling performance."

Keywords:India skipper MS Dhoni, lacklustre Sri Lanka, games, Sri Lankan ,Malinga ,batsmen, R Ashwin, Praveen Kumar.