Having won a close match and lost a tight game in a matter of three days, Australia captain Michael Clarke minced no words while speaking at the post-match presentation.

"All the last three games have been very tight for us. Sometimes you need a kick up your backside and a loss can be good for you," was how Clarke put it.

Clarke also credited his opposite number, MS Dhoni, for the finish that brought India the much-needed win. "Dhoni played really well. He is a class player. And his statistics show that. He is a very good striker of the ball and you saw that in the last over with that six that he hit off Clint McKay."

About his team's showing, Clarke said, 'We were probably 20 runs short and we were horrible in the field. Very sloppy. I don't think we executed our skills once again at the death."

Clarke himself was restricted while fielding due to a pulled hamstring and is keeping his fingers crossed about his availability for the team's clash against Sri Lanka at Sydney on Friday. "I'll probably have a scan tomorrow and then we'll go from there. It's a little bit sore. I have just had some ice on it. Fingers crossed, hopefully everything comes okay."

Clarke admitted he made a mistake by pushing opener Matthew Wade down to No. 7. "He is not batting there next game," the Australian captain said. "Wade is good at the top of the order and he is good at the death. I thought we'd try something else tonight."

Keywords: Australia captain ,Michael Clarke,MS Dhoni,class player, good striker,Clint McKay,Sri Lanka ,Sydney , opener Matthew .