Thread: Hair and Skin Care in Ayurveda

Default Hair and Skin Care in Ayurveda

Hair and Skin Care in Ayurveda

Beauty is the reflection of the wellness of the body, mind and spirit.
    Ayurveda the science of life has many tips, medicines and treatment procedures which will lead to beauty enhancement and maintenance. These ancient ayurvedic tips were part of life of people in age old period.
    Ayurveda explains many techniques to maintain the beauty and to overcome the Cosmetic problems like hair falling ,premature hair graying ,white heads ,black heads ,Acne ,darkening the skin etc .The basic idea behind these treatments includes cleansing and nourishing the affected system .The treatments include different types of lepanam (herbal paste),dhara, oil application etc depending upon the condition.

Common cosmetic problems

Acne/Pimples
    Acne is a common skin condition that occurs when oil and dead skin cells get trapped in the pit of the hair follicle. Bacteria then begins to multiply and the area becomes inflamed producing pimples, blackheads and whiteheads on the face and upper body. Acne affects 80% of the population at some time between the age of 12 and 44; making it the most commonly treated skin condition. Although acne affects more than 20 million teenagers, it is appearing in adults in increasing numbers. Severe acne can cause serious cosmetic problems, which often leads to emotional stress and low self-esteem.

Hair and scalp problems

Common problems affecting the hair and scalp include hair loss, infections, and disorders causing itching and scaling. Hair loss (alopecia) is a frequent concern for both men and women. Even though normal shedding of hair is natural, the excessive loss of hair can lead to baldness or hair becomes thin over the entire scalp. Sudden and temporary loss of a large amount of hair may be related to the aftereffect of an illness or recent delivery of a baby (telogen effluvium).Certain diseases (eg: thyroid problems, diabetes, and lupus), medicines, or poor nutrition may also cause hair loss.

Infections of the scalp include bacterial infection of hair follicles (folliculitis), infestation of head lice (pediculosis capitis), and fungal infection of scalp, ringworm (tinea capitis). Itching and excessive flaking of the scalp is seen with both dandruff (seborrheic dermatitis) and psoriasis.

Dhathri Ayurveda Pvt. Ltd.
    33/1882 A, Adappilly Road,
    Vennala P.O., Kochi-682 028
    Tel: +91484 2803072 / 2803073

Thumbs up Ayurvedic Hair care care tips

1)Use a mild Shampoo with no alcohol that won't dry out the hair.
    2)Use a conditioner every time after shampooing. conditioner soften the hairs and provides the nutrients.
    3)Oiling and Massaging of scalp is beneficial for stopping the hair loss. you can use 'mahabhringraj oil', 'Amla oil'.
    4)The diet should contain more green vegetables, fruits,juices,milk,salad,proteins, soybean,vitaminA.
    5)Regular physical exercise is also beneficial.
    6)Rub your scalp vigorously after washing the hair because it increases the blood circulation and activates the sebaceous glands.

Default thanks............

thanks for such a great ayurveda tips. i will definately use this for my hairs............

Well,i was very worry about my hair and skin health but after the complete reading of your amazing post i got a lot of information and knowledge about how can i take care of my hairs and skin in a better way.

I think that how all Indian woman's have great, silky, long and lovely hair. How can they guard his hair

useful thanks for the info...

Reduce or limit refined carbohydrates and sugar intake, Avoid caffeine and other stimulants, Limit dairy products and red meat. Our diets should be very good before boot camp.
    Last edited by Blaine123; 03-22-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Thank you so much for your great post.

The products of homeopathy or ayurvedic are very good, but are little different from cosmetics. The amla and reetha in the shampoos make my hair dry and brittle. Also usage for long time definitely gives benefit but turns the hair dry and rough. Also they are overpriced. I have seen websites like Nyraa, Forest Essentials, Kama Ayurveda their products are very expensive.

There are some good personal care products brand which manufacture high quality products for skin care , hair care, perfumes, soaps and talcum powder at very reasonable price. Men and women must try and use products specially designed for their skin and hair needs.