Thread: Manage your life

Default Manage your life

Make no excuses
    I spent a big chunk of my life making excuses. It was either being bullied, moving cities or not having the support of my family. But nothing changed till one day I decided to move my behind and do something to end it.

There is no point sitting around and complaining about not having time to exercise. I started with running in my locality. So, even if you have a busy schedule, make it a point to engage in some activity. It could be game of squash or a 45-minute swim, the idea is to move and burn calories.

Workout anywhere
    I weighed 81kg when I started running for the first time. And I continued that for almost six months. At the end of it, I had lost about 12kg. So, losing weight or bulking up happens in the mind first and not in any fancy gym. Start by hitting the park or join a group of people who run or cycle together. You will not only meet 'similar people' but also enjoy the activity in a group.

Chalk your own path
    Drinking lemon juice and a five-day fruit diet works for me. There were experts who were sceptical and didn't think I could achieve anything with this diet. They talked about no carb and protein balance, but it worked for me.

So, while a diet may work for someone, it may not work for you. Make sure you read magazines like MH for information on nutrition and exercises to chart your own route. Never trust the Internet because it is flooded with misleading content. Instead, drop in to the nearest gym.

Hit the weights

If you are looking at losing weight or building muscle, you have to incorporate weight training to your regime. I started weight training much later, but as soon as I started with a programme where I was pushing weights three days a week, my fat burning capacity soared.

My body started looking better and more proportionate. I grew stronger and it boosted my confidence level. Mix and match to get into shape where you are doing cardio, strength and flexibility training, but never ignore the power of weights.

Kill the distance

Time is of essence and it doesn't make sense when you are travelling for 2-3 hours to and fro from work everyday. It is a good idea to take up a place near your work so that you save time. My average working day is about eight to 10 hours, but during crunch time, it can even stretch up to 12 hours. To make time for exercise and other things, I live 15 minutes away from my office. There is no point wasting time when you can use it to do something productive.

Enjoy your food
    Unless you are an aspiring model, actor or a bodybuilder, watching your diet all the time can be quite stressful. I enjoy eating fruits and veggies and I limit my carb and meat bingeing to weekends. I do that because it works for me. Never listen to anyone when it comes to eating right. Try out a few things and find out what works for you. And if you like your occasional pizza, burger or ice cream, by all means indulge. But don't overdo it.

Keywords: Make no excuses,family, exercise, burn calories, fruit diet works,building muscle,aspiring model, actor , bodybuilder,enjoy eating fruits ,veggies , weekends.

Wow! So delicious fruits...

Yumm that pic looks delish!

Last edited by sherlyk; 05-26-2012 at 04:40 PM.

very good...