Thread: HELP!! DDR Ram troubles!!

Default HELP!! DDR Ram troubles!!

Hi, my friend was planning on upgrading his ram on his Sony VAIO desktop, so i opened it up to see it it was ddr and it it could suport high density. Well, it turned out, yes it was ddr and high density. I then put the stick back in, closed it up. My buddy went and tryed to turn it on and it turned on and the lights came on, but it doesnt boot. I opened it back up and checked the conections, but still nothing.

Please, if somebody can help me with this, it would be greatly enjoyed.

Thanx,
    POD

It could be that you damaged the RAM while pulling it out, you have to be very carefull while doing that. But lets not jup to conclusions...

Tell me dose he have one or more RAM "sticks"? Did you pul the one "stick" out and put the same "stick" of RAM back in or you put other? If you put the other than put back the first one and try to boot the computer, if everything is fine than the problem must be in new RAM "stick", in that case (since you say it is ddr like the old one) go to the place you bought it and tell that they sold you the broken RAM "stick".

If id dosen't help, than it might be that you demaged the RAM slot while pulling out or puting back in the ram "stick".

I hope they sold a broken or non-compatible RAM to your friend, that would be the luckyest solution right at this point.

well, see he was ploanning to upgrade, i wook out the original ram and put it back in the slot. I have removed everything have looked at the motherboard to check it i disconnected anything while putting it in, but the chances are slim i would be able to see the problem. I have done stuff like this before, but this is the strangest thing that has ever happened to me.

i'll probly just by another mobo off ebay and put it in.

still open to suggestions though :D

Than must be that the RAM or RAM slot got damaged while you weer "wooking" it out. I can't see any other solution...

ya, my friend took it to a shop and they put a new mobo in, i damaged the board while taking it out :x

I'm sorry to hear that =,(