• Bit Defender 8

2 3.92%
  • AntiVir

2 3.92%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Antivirus

Default Best Antivirus

Hi everyone,

I have been thinking of getting rid of my old antivirus and getting a new one, i just wonder what you guys think about the different kinds.

thanx

Norton 2006 is doing great for me, and keeps finding crap I never heard of :P

Kaspersky is the best! Too bad its not even on the Poll, second is NOD32 for me, Norton is very good but it eats up alot of memory.

How about Avast Antivirus, It is protect my computer from viruses with very low resources. Norton will use big resources of your RAM, NOD32 can't do everything while my computer infected by a viruses (Then I lose much data). McAfee can disabled by some virus (then I must format my HD). I never used Kaspersky yet.

Every antivirus uses a lot of resources and runs many processes. i would recommend mcafee. Not tried norton 2006. Avast is good but scanning the full comp takes days to complete. If u are going to buy a fresh copy consider well bfore taking a decision.

Default AVAST

Quote Originally Posted by nivexuck
    How about Avast Antivirus, It is protect my computer from viruses with very low resources. Norton will use big resources of your RAM, NOD32 can't do everything while my computer infected by a viruses (Then I lose much data). McAfee can disabled by some virus (then I must format my HD). I never used Kaspersky yet.
    I TOO VOTE FOR AVAST.
    DEFINITIONS UPDATED FREQUENTLY.
    AND JUST SOME 8 M.B
    AD AVAST IN THE POLL

Avg is a pretty good antivirus, I like its detection capabilities, but its removing an virus from a executable is not so good especially if we want that executable to in usable condition after the scan.

But constant updates for the virus data base plus its free to use on home, keep sit on my pc.

Its also a small download about 8Mb and not resource hungry like Nortons and Macfee's.

I voted Zonealarm :)

I've used Norton for so long I have no reason to doubt it now lol

i dont find any reason to go beyond NORTON...and my second choice as Mcfee..as sometimes norton doesnt gowell xp sp2

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast