Thread: PHP didn't work

Default PHP didn't work

i have run my website months ago, and it run smoothly with php and mysql all enabled.

but somehow, lately, when i open my website with an index.php like following:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

it's just doesnt seem that the server interpret my file as a PHP file.
    the result when i open my site URL... http://rendian.bizhat.com/index.php

is....

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

instead of displaying the REAL php info.

pls help me dear admin

hi my friend,

what is PHP? I'm new to this webpage devoloping thing, i'm sure i've been to quite PHP webpages and other such CGI or ASP or somthing like that, but never have any clue, i thought HTML is the language to write a webpage. Could you please explain them to me, what are they and what are they used for?

Thank you very much.

Default Hi

Hi...I'm also new to PHP language but I know what it is and I Hope I can help you.

Html is not the only language with wich you can create Web pages....
    and also Html is (my personal point of view) a little limited!!!

Unfortunately the admin said that to enable PHP on your website you must post 50 posts in teh foum and it will be enabled.

Anyway with some easy command line in PHP you can create website with passwords and a lot of things... just use your immagination!! :)

I'm sorry because I'm a beginners and I can't help you too much but If the admin will enable PHP and Mysql on my website I'll learn a lot in a short time :D

html is only what you see...
    PHP like ASP is server side, meaning that before you, the visitor see it, the server goes through the code, and then shows you the result...
    It can be used for small things like visitor counters, guestbooks, log in system. And larger stuff like forums.

Cheers,
    LithiuM

PHP stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
    PHP is a server-side scripting language, like ASP
    PHP scripts are executed on the server
    PHP supports many databases (MySQL, Informix, Oracle, Sybase, Solid, PostgreSQL, Generic ODBC, etc.)
    PHP is an open source software (OSS)
    PHP is free to download and use

I've been using Pixedl2life.com and I got information from my MySQL To show up on my footer of my site.

www.cfe-clan.com and go to enter, and on bottom should be something about MySQLand cfeBB and that is from the mysql server :D

Seems really hard at first.

PHP is a very powerful tool. I have recently gotten very into Flash development using Macromedia MX 2004 7.2. I am pretty decent at it too, (if I do say so myself). My arrogance aside, one can use actionscripts (the language of flash applications) to integrate data from a server to their flash application via PHP and mySQL. Very powerful and cool stuff...go here to learn more.

http://www.actionscripts.org/tutorials.shtml