Thread: A RESUME QUESTION...AND AN IMPORTANT CAUTION FOR ALL OF YOU!

Default A RESUME QUESTION...AND AN IMPORTANT CAUTION FOR ALL OF YOU!

Why in the world would people put their date of birth, their full names, their addresses, and phone numbers in a public forum?

If an employer looks at that, how is that person going to believe that the candidate can handle company information if they give out personal information over the Internet, in PUBLIC forums?

Atleast for you own safety, please do remove the date of births and addresses. If I'm an employer, I don't really care if you are born in May or December, just the year is fine. And I don't care if you live in 2345 Trump Drive, New York or if you just live in NYC.

Remenber, India is a country that is developing technological country. Soon the country will have rampant use of credit cards and other devices where these types of information can be very costly. Please, remove the vital personal information.

Post education, name (not full neccessarily), city, means of contact (I.e email, phone, messanger, etc), past jobs, etc.

Please be very careful in what you post on the forum when it comes to your identity.

You should only provide vital persoanl information AFTER you know you are dealing with a legitimate employer.

well said road killer ....I was about ask manjula that

Thanks.

I was just astonished at the amount of information people were providing over the Internet. I know right now, say living in Kerala, Identity Theft isn't exactly at the top of everyone's worries, but it will eventally get there. As the country develops, the more hazardous these revelations on personal information.

Hopefully they change it because over the INTERNET, there is no need to be THAT specific. There are a bunch of people who have done that, thats why I posted this. If it was say just one, I probably would have just skipped it. The problem is that new users come and see that others have posted personal information, and might think that its the right thing to do, and do the same thing.

Default WANNA READ

Thanks for the questions and all, but my resume question was about postind resumes online, that give away valuable info.

ya that's for sure, i run a business and i really do not care that type of info, if i need it i'll ask for it at the interview. In no way will i need your personal information unless i hire you. and for any one with a SIN you do NOT have to give out you SIN to any one untill you have the job.

jpfd

Jocko Point Fire Department

Thank You.

I never got why people would actually give out that kind if information on these forums. I haven't seen too many of these resumes, but I'm sure there are people out there naive enough to even give out their SSN too.

Mostly I noticed that the information is given by people in India, where the threat of identity threat isn't as high as it is in North America. But the main reason for identity theft is the rampant use of credit cards, and India is a developing country that is going have a substantial increase in credit card holders in the near future.

If I ever saw that these people were willing to put out these important information over these places, I wouldn't hire them. It shows a lack of responsibilty on the person's part about personal safety.

Hopefully, people will listen, and if they don't well then they are the ones putting themselves at risk.