• yes

15 68.18%
  • no

7 31.82%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what is love#######@@@@@

Default what is love#######@@@@@

Love & Marriage - Really a Good One.

Pls go through -It's very short & sweet. One day, john asked his teacher, "What is love? How can I find it?"

His teacher answered, "There is a vast wheat field in front. Walk forward without turning back, and pick only one stalk.

If you find the most magnificent stalk, then you have found love." John walked forward, and before long, he returned with empty hands, having

picked nothing. His teacher asked, "Why did you not pick any stalk?" john answered, "Because I could only pick once, and yet I could not turn back.

I did find the most magnificent stalk, but did not know if there were any better ones ahead, so I did not pick it. As I walked further, the stalks

that I saw werenot as good as the earlier one, so I did not pick any in the end. His teacher then said, "And that is love."

On another day, John asked his teacher, "What is marriage? How can I Find it?" His teacher answered, "There is a thriving forest in front. Walk forward without turning back, and chop down only one tree. If you find the tallest tree, then you have found marriage". john walked forward, and before long, He returned with a tree. The tree was not bad, and it was not tall either. It was only an ordinary tree, not the best but just a good tree.

His teacher asked, "Why did you chop down such an ordinary tree?" john answered, "Because of my previous experience. I had walked through the field, but returned with empty hands. This time, I saw this tree, and I felt that it was the first good tree that I saw, so I chopped it down and brought it back. I did not want to miss the opportunity." His teacher then said, "And that is marriage.

You see john , Love is the most beautiful thing to happen to a person, its an opportunity but you don't realise its worth when you have it but only when its gone like the field of stalks. Marriage like the tree you chopped, it's a compromise; you pick the first best thing you see and learn to live a happy life with it."

Default for me love is. . .

for me love is immaculate.

it is pure and full of sense.
    everything could happen because of love.
    impossible can be possible.
    it is everything.

what could i say?

im in love!.. :)

I'm not in love in this moment :?

The fist parable reminds me of myself.
    A truly sad story, but I have to disagree with the second.
    John walked through the forest and only picked average.
    If I can't find a perfect woman (I am a male) that respects me as much as I respect her then I won't get married.
    Hum... I'm guessing that the women that read this comment will see the previous line "perfect woman" and will say something like
    "HA, good luck with that."

Just because I'm posting in a forum on the web doesn't mean I'm a nerd here. *just some clarification*

I'm a Christian and I have HIGH morals and values. If you want to know what true love is I will tell you.

"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

To me love after marriage with ur wife is the true love that will last forever. For me, love during college days is just waste. it is my personal comment. I have seen many lovers who just love for fun which made me take this decision.

Yes, I agree with you indianbaba. Love should not be taken lightly or be used for "fun".

Default Re: what is love#######@@@@@

Quote Originally Posted by ftvfatboy
    Love & Marriage - Really a Good One.
    Fantastic analogy friend. Absolutely mindblowing. I am not in love. I will love after my marriage :-)

I believe that love is a feeling difficult to obtain, and when someone does obtain it, then it is even more difficult to keep for long.
    Marriage should have it's foundations on love and therefore should be an extension of it. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the metaphor in the story, but I believe that marriage is not something compromising.
    Just my thoughts.

Default Re: what is love#######@@@@@

im not in love but i really want to be!

Default why should each love end in marriage

One thing always puzzles me that why should ech love end in marriages. Why do lover become so possesive? Why is this insecure feeling?

I personally feel that once we are in love and by some reasons if it can't be converted into marriage, we should happily live with the situations. It's not about compromising but let your love relations should form a firm base for a start of a better mature relationship as a friend in life. You can come to this friend of you anytime in your life.

Just start a fresh with your marriage partner...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast