View Poll Results: Should pitbulls be banned?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

8 38.10%
  • NO

12 57.14%
  • DON'T KNOW

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should pitbulls be banned?

Default Re: Should pitbulls be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nissa
    Pitbulls are horrible dogs. :evil:
    Many people are seriosly injured or killed when attacked by pitbulls. :x
    Should pitbulls be banned?
    More people were seriosly injured by german shepards, dobermans or mastifs than by pitbulls, but none got an idea to forbid breeding those dogs. Don't forget abandoned dogs, they are somethimes wery dangerous, too.

no, but there should be some kind of restriction on who can own them

this could go both ways. It is a matter of the breed if there is poor bloodlines. If there are good bloodlines then yes it CAN be a good dog in teh right hands.

I owned 2 rotties both of whim were adopted from shelters. They were good dogs and I trusted them 90% of the time. Since I didnt know their bloodlines I could not trust them 100% they were very good dogs. And for them to have been adopted out by the shelters proves they were good dogs. Shelters around here will not adopt out any breed of dog if any type of aggression has been showed.

A pitbull is actually not a bad dog. People get pit bulls thinking that they are a tough dog, and then use them for perverted things like dogfights. The dogs don't do well, hence they are abused, and they become hardened. Its the reputation that takes a toll on the dogs themselves.

Default wait for the opening of my site

i am scared of animals attacking me, especially ones that could tear my head off.

in the case of pitbulls, goodluck fighting animal protection groups about that. i blame the irresponsible owners about their pets going mad. they should not keep those vicious animals as they are not fit to take care of one.

Default Re: wait for the opening of my site

A dog is a dog. The bigger they are, the worse the bite.
    Humans are humans. -and i have no idea what to write here :D

Nah, it all comes down to responsibilities. If you own an animal, you are responsible to keep it on your residing premises or a suitable place(deppending on the animal). You are responsible to ensure that they can't escape, and attack children, adults or elderly.

I hear it almost every week that someone was attacked by a dog. Unfortunatelly when someone was attacked by pitbull or other branded dog, its get higly publicised by the media, so everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

Regards, <>Sharpy<>

They are totally dangerous. I would never have one around me...A dog is an animal and at any time could lose it...Not for me...I'll keep a cat around instead!

I think they should be banned most definitely. They are such vicious dogs. They just look so mean. I saw on t.v. on the show when animals attack. This one pit bull viciously attacked this lady. It was horrible. I could feel that lady's pain.

In my own neighborhood they have had a couple of people attacked by pitbulls. One lady was killed.

I think they should not ban pitbulls because they can be good dogs if they are raised right :D

i think the must be banned, because i dont like dogs much

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast