Thread: pre loading images

Default pre loading images

using front page i created buttons that are just pictures with hyperlinks. As soon as you place ur cursor over the pciture the picture changes to give the impression that the button is highlighted. THe only problem is that when the user places his cursor over the button they have to wait for the second picture to load before it is displayed. Is there a way u can tell the web site to load these pictures before hand i.e. before n e thing else is loaded. I think this can be done with java script but not sure.

Im not sure what your saying but... Try this website, www.dynamicdrive.com its a script site that will have something that your trying to do but easier.

cheers

Sorry for confusing you, the site you gave me was really good though. thanx. This is more or less what i was looking for http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...eloadimage.htm

Thanks for the information, I use it for my other site. There are a lots of scripts.
    Ellen

Default Try Preloading images using javascript

Use Javascript to preload images. Make sure that the JS code is not in a function because such a code will executed atleast only after the web page loads. so write the JS code with out a function.

Simple one! :)

Use this following script to preload images

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    <!-- Hide from crappy browsers

preload1 = new Image();
    preload1.src = "image1.jpg";

preload2 = new Image();
    preload2.src = "image22.jpg";

// -->
    </SCRIPT>

Dynamicdrive preload script works great, I've used it before and it works fine. It also has a Progress bar when preloading the images.