Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SPYWARE!!!!

I have found much confusion.

I have used Spybot, and as well I have used Ad-Aware. Odd thing is this. After using Ad-Aware, it claimed my computer was spyware free....nothing detected on a full (sortware updated,) inspection. Then, using Spy-Bot....it promptly discovered about 3 more spy programs, (2 being keyloggers, and one being an html redirector.) I found Sby-Bot to be the most effective, and now that it uses a regestry monitor called Tea-Timer, it is even more inhanced. Too bad there isn't more decent software such as this in the world for free.

Default sypware...

you can also try out spysweeper... looks good.
    free for end users...

I am using ad aware and spy bot. I think the combination of these two works very well.

yep if you go to download.com you can download a bunch of them if you search for them.

Quote Originally Posted by fengren.bizhat.com
    I have found much confusion.

I have used Spybot, and as well I have used Ad-Aware. Odd thing is this. After using Ad-Aware, it claimed my computer was spyware free....nothing detected on a full (sortware updated,) inspection. Then, using Spy-Bot....it promptly discovered about 3 more spy programs, (2 being keyloggers, and one being an html redirector.) I found Sby-Bot to be the most effective, and now that it uses a regestry monitor called Tea-Timer, it is even more inhanced. Too bad there isn't more decent software such as this in the world for free.
    it also depends on what level of searching you are applying to an adware detector. the reason why adware didn't pick everything up probably becasue the search features were too low. Ad-Aware has always picked everything up for me.

Default Giant Very good to delete spyware

I know spybot and Giant, Giant is better, interface, options, etc... try it on www.giantcompany.com . Very good

I haven't read the whole thread (and i don't know if this has been mentioned) but a good solution to avoiding spyware is to use a browser other than internet explorer, because IE is so closely integrated with the NT kernel it makes it easy for websites to install spyware on your computer, i recommend firefox (www.mozilla.org) for sweet browsing

heh i run Ad-aware, noadware, avast, norton, mcaphee, spyware killer, spyhunter, spyware blaster PCbugdoctor, AGP and spybot - search & destroy, so i htink im safe from anything touching this computer

Default try adaware

spyware ??? u can try adaware for free

Default Re: try adaware

Quote Originally Posted by vgtech
    spyware ??? u can try adaware for free
    yes, ad-aware is the best thing out there

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast