View Poll Results: What do you think of suicide?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is acceptable at times.

23 48.94%
  • It is never acceptable.

24 51.06%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide

Default Suicide

What is your opinion on it? Intelligent discussion please...

I think suicide is unacceptable. At all costs. No matter what happens. You husband/wife dies, you dont have to kill yourself to see her again, beside suicidal is against the law, and the Ten Commanments. It also makes your family extremely sad, why would you want to hurt others and yourself, just because of self-pity? People who commit suicide were already dead in the inside...

Quote Originally Posted by psp-heaven
    beside suicidal is against the law, and the Ten Commanments.
    Technically, who cares if its against the law? If the person is considering suicide obviously they wouldn't care if it's against the law, what is the government going to do...arrest his dead body? As for the Ten Commandments no where therein does it say anything about suicide, you are mistaken. Anyways, I was looking for a more philosophical outlook...a lot of people are not even Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by psp-heaven
    People who commit suicide were already dead in the inside...
    Exactly, so in their mind it is easier for them to end it.

Trigun quote "I very much disagree with suicide."

Suicide is stupid people. It doesn't matter how hard your life is. If every hero from every story decided that things just are to hard and the girl isn't worth saving then where would we be? Lets just take into mind that we all live in that world that the hero was trying to save, ok? Now look at things, evil rules the world and all humans are either dead or slaves.

You have to be very weak minded to comit suicide. Press on my friends when things are tough, push through the dark into the light for tomorrow, is another day.

it's never acceptable at all

Default It's wrong

It's never acceptable. Never. Never.

I don't feel there would be someone who would advocate suicide.

We can discuss the kind of scenarios that compell a person to take a decision as killing as killing himself/herself - suicide.

- Neeraj

I suffer badly from depression and I know when I am not in a right state of mind that the world seems to just go down and down, yes I've tried it, but not harmed myself in any way other than having my stomach pumped - a reason enough not to ever do that again......but i think that if you are in that headspace you are not being selfish as your world seems utterly horrible you can not see any light that will get you out of it.
    When people commit suicide I hear comments like, they were selfish, things couldn't have been that bad - look what they had, how could they do that to their loved ones, don't they realise everybody has problems.... I think to myself - what must have they been going through their minds, what deamons were running around in their heads to make this their only option..... It's sad, but some people can not get out of this headspace, I was just very lucky I have a supporting family, now I have people that i have to tell even if I am just the littlest bit down and then I can manage my depression.
    I don't know if my comments help or hinder anyone, but it's my view....

Default Depression is the worst thing a man can suffer

Hi lofidelity,

Thanks for sharing your views with fellow bizhat-ians. You are at a very right place where we all are there to support each other and learn from others experience.

I am sure people reading your experience here would take away something positive. When you say -

Quote Originally Posted by lofidelity
    I was just very lucky I have a supporting family, now I have people that i have to tell even if I am just the littlest bit down and then I can manage my depression."
    That's the key to winning this battle that depression brings with it. I have seen people suferring from "depression" and I know that how innocent they were. It's the family and friends that can help them to come back to normal life. Hope others would also get lucky like you and they get the love and lots of love so that they may not feel lonely and comit suicide.

Just for the information, I'd like to tell that depression is a state of mind in which a person often think of suicide. Please help anyone if you find that they are suffering from this desease. Love is the only cure.

Thanks once again lofidelity for adding some live to this thread. Keep sharing and encouraging others. If we can save a single life, it is worth-living.

Most of suicides are simply useful.
    But, rarely there is a procreative suicide.

One of those was Herkule's, for exsample. Or Leonida's.

Do you know any recent event of creative suicide?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast